Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goosewoman

St. Patty's Day Low Carb:)

Goosewoman

I'm just making the annual Corned Beef, Cabbage, Carrot and Potato boiled dinner. I know the Corned Beef is OK, Cabbage is OK , but man.. those carrots look good. The potato - I could care less about. I'm going to have to eat a carrot.:eek:

jojeti

Enjoy the carrot! I never have liked cooked carrots but I think the potato would be hard to resist! Sounds good, enjoy! Right now I am smelling buns baking in the oven. Every weekend I make homemade buns for my family and sometimes I wonder why I torture myself with the aroma!

Moonpie

I am going to eat a carrot, some rutabaga & a potato. Heck, one has to live. Rutabagas ( called swedes in Irealnd) are also very traditional, & I love them, I seem to do ok on starchy veg, better than grains anyhow.

Goosewoman

Woo Hoo.. I ate 2 carrots plus a ton of cabbage and corned beef. 2 hr.PP BS 116:)

Been off Metformin for 5 days... so far, so good!

I shoulda' ate a tater. Dang!

Ela

I eat carrots regularly; in my salad, in soups, in stews. It's not great quantities, but the usual amounts (the same as before dx). Don't have a problem with them. And actually I even thought that carrots are recommended for diabetics?

Potatoes though are a whole different ball game; I can eat like a 1/4 or a small potato OR some retrograded ones (in salads mainly), but even a few french fries make me spike to the moon!

Moonpie

yeah, I eat 2 or 3 (baby) carrots on an almost daily basis. I think they are a healthy food & as my numbers are Ok on a few, I am happy. we still need a variety of foods & I plan on eating them :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.