Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KCP

confused about my sugars?!

KCP

Dumb blood sugars! Im 15 weeks tomorrow and over the last four days ive noticed something really strange. It 5pm ill test and im fine. two hours later? im sitting between 14-18!? Then this morning i was 18.4 after a test four hours earlier of 6.9.

I have a theory that my lantus is having issues and running out two hours earlier, but that cant be it. it doesnt seem like a resistance issue either. Anyone else had something similar around this time? :confused:

type1inflorida

Mine just started doing the same thing! (14 weeks right now) Previously they were running PERFECTLY, even a little low with an occasional spike if I ate a food with a negative effect. I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you yet but I will be getting in touch with my Endo very soon. I've already changed my basal and carb ratio to try and compensate. If I find any tips or something concrete out from my doctor I will make sure and share it. Good luck with everything!

CaitE

I'm only 13 weeks right now, but I'm wondering if you need to increase your insulin-carb ratio a bit. Did this spike happen after a meal? Did you eat a fairly predictable meal?

Have you spoken with your endocrinologist or nurse about this issue? Perhaps they can also shed some light.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.