Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brady

So I am at a standstill,

Brady
Sorry.... I really don't think this is a good idea.

You have shown REPEATEDLY over the last weeks that you are not yet in control of what you are eating.

If you don't know what/when you are eating, how are you going to know how much insulin to use?

If you want your blood sugar to stay low enough that you're willing to inject an UNPRESCRIBED DRUG... well.... you FIRST need to want it enough to control your blood sugar via FOOD

The "goal" I gave you as a start was TWO DAYS of controlled eating. You haven't mastered that one yet.

(I have yet to see you post one FULL DAY of lo-carb eating and sugar readings.....)

Come on.... stop trying to take "short cuts" that LITERALLY put your life in danger.

Suddenly you have test strips to get you through until the SSI comes through.

Eat right. Count/track your carbs and test as often as you possibly can in conjunction with eating.

If you need a PRESCRIPTION DRUG, find a doctor that agrees with you.

Monitoring and tracking your food and blood sugar is a piece of what it's going to take to do that.

If your friend/cousin can give you drugs and test strips, I'm betting they can help you buy a dozen eggs and some ground hamburger to get you through the next couple days.

Again I understand your concern, give me a freakin break please. I'm not trying to take short cuts at all, trust me I've been doing the best. And I'm sorry if family and friends "suddenly" as you put it take action and look for something to help me. My cousin didn't even think she had these strips with her anymore, I got luck. And maybe your right, taking the insulin I did last night probably wasn't a smart idea because yes, it can hurt me, but I have done enough helping her in the past she wanted to save me a trip to the hospital, now whether or not it was a smart thing is up to you. All I know is that it helped me. A lot by the Tim I was done eating, 2 hours after the shot I was at 142mg/dl which is a **** of a lot better then what it has been.

Brady

Attached is a copy of my food tracking for the last few days. Also, Peggy, I skewed up on the reading I gave you in my last reply. I was at 141 not 142. Yesterday I did however have more to eat then I have for the past few days. Unfortunately there was more fat In it then I would have liked. Anyways, glucose readings for April 17th

Before lunch 231

After lunch 2 hours or so 298

Before dinner ate out and took 5 units of insulin fast acting 312

3 hours after eating dinner 141 feeling better then I have for a while

Current blood sugar, 5:53am April 18th, 179. Haven't slept all night and had frequent urination all night.

Sorry I'm not on my computer so the meals will have wait, keep checking for them, they will be in a zip format as they are screen shots from my iPad.

Brady

Peggy, I just went back and realized I snapped at you and didn't have a reason too. I was in the wrong there. Please forgive me on this. It's been happening more frequently recently, I get really irritable and for no reason.

Peggy_TX
Peggy, I just went back and realized I snapped at you and didn't have a reason too. I was in the wrong there. Please forgive me on this. It's been happening more frequently recently, I get really irritable and for no reason.

Thank you for recognizing that -- but I'm not upset with you at all. It's clear you are dealing with a lot of stress.

All I want is for you to get good medical care so you can feel better.

Please call the Medicare phone # I gave you, as you need to understand your insurance coverage ASAP.

Brady
Thank you for recognizing that -- but I'm not upset with you at all. It's clear you are dealing with a lot of stress.

All I want is for you to get good medical care so you can feel better.

Please call the Medicare phone # I gave you, as you need to understand your insurance coverage ASAP.

I called the number you gave me, Peggy_TX. They said that because I am still on OHP+ they can't do anything. They pulled up my medical plan and said that it appears I will be able to keep the insurance, However. My plan does not and will not cover diabetic supplies, Insulin, meds, Strips, meters. Nothing related to diabetes. They said I would have to go up a level which would then cost me $89 a month premium because it is an advanced plan for coverage. I can't even do that at this point. My SSI is being skrewed with so bad that I was supposed to get it in about 5 days. Now it may take up to 60 days from today to recieve my funds as they are proccessing an application for a new payee for my funds as DHS is no longer running a pass through. So I can't even pay my rent, nor get test strips.... I have in the vial my cousin gave me about 6 left. I don't know what I am going to do at this point. I had to return my ipad that I was using to manage all of my medical stuff and log my food. because I could't pay for it as it was through a lease program. UGH!!!! why is this so stressfull. Can't one thing go right?

Brady

Attachd is the uploads from GOMEALS. I would like to admit, I haven't been as low carb as I need too! I AM working hard to do this.

post-44687-139628780374_thumb.jpg

post-44687-139628780376_thumb.jpg

post-44687-139628780378_thumb.jpg

post-44687-139628780381_thumb.jpg

post-44687-139628780383_thumb.jpg

Brady

OMG! Please excuse the upload that doesn't really belong. I am doing this on my mobile phone right now and they had the same name, My bad. Again please excuse the photo of my GF.

Peggy_TX

LOL -- I'll overlook the girlfriend, as she doesn't look high carb! :T

First, let's make sure you're logging your meals accurately. The first breakfast shows 23g carbs from "flavored coffee" Is that right? That would be one of those powered/sugared "international coffee" things. If that's not right, switch it out on your log for "coffee" If that's right -- quit it!!! Coffee with cream and splenda (or even a t of sugar!) is a way fewer carbs.

I see some really good choices -- but I'm sure YOU see where you've had some really bad mistakes. We just had a HUGE thread about how easy it is to eat a low carb salad at Subway == and you ordered a 90g carb flatbread sandwich?

I think this is a really good exercise for you. It should be clear to you from these logs that you keep sabotaging yourself. This is a menu that would make a diabetic go wildly high (and crash wildly low).

While you're figuring out your medical plan and SSI, the ONE thing you can do is eat low carb.

COMMITMENT!! You can do it!! (great work on the food log as a first step!!)

Brady
LOL -- I'll overlook the girlfriend, as she doesn't look high carb! :T

First, let's make sure you're logging your meals accurately. The first breakfast shows 23g carbs from "flavored coffee" Is that right? That would be one of those powered/sugared "international coffee" things. If that's not right, switch it out on your log for "coffee" If that's right -- quit it!!! Coffee with cream and splenda (or even a t of sugar!) is a way fewer carbs.

I see some really good choices -- but I'm sure YOU see where you've had some really bad mistakes. We just had a HUGE thread about how easy it is to eat a low carb salad at Subway == and you ordered a 90g carb flatbread sandwich?

I think this is a really good exercise for you. It should be clear to you from these logs that you keep sabotaging yourself. This is a menu that would make a diabetic go wildly high (and crash wildly low).

While you're figuring out your medical plan and SSI, the ONE thing you can do is eat low carb.

COMMITMENT!! You can do it!! (great work on the food log as a first step!!)

Trust me, I won't be ordering a subway sandwich anytime soon...LOL

I know some of my choices COULD have been better and your right, Commitment is a big first step. I have always had a problem with this, but I am working on it ^.^ Slowly but surely, Well I can't be slow on this because it's skrewing with my body!!!

my blood sugar results for today and with food, Sorry,Don't have to carb or fat ratios on these as I didn't use the app I was using....

Fasting 12:23PM 201- Breakfast/lunch: 2 Eggs with a side of cucomber lightly salted(PINK SALT) (it;s a specailty salt that i like really well and doesn't seem to have any carbs or sugar)

2 HRS after breakfast/lunch 262

Dinner-7:54PM 241 Ate a salad with vinager dressing(COULDN'T see the nutrition facts) and a side of costco garlic bread 1 slice(HUGE MISTAKE) and a diet sprite(only because it settles my stomach sometimes) otherwise I would have had water only.

2 HRS after dinner: 303

11PM Bed-291

*Bed didn't actually work out. LOL I have once AGAIN been up peeing like a race horse all night. Anyone got idea's as to stop this? I get really thirsty too.*

Brady

And thank you PEGGY-TX. even though it's not much it's always good to hear someone say good job, or the likes. I really don't get enough of those. LOL My life really sucks at some times.

And my girlfriend is not on the menu!! LOL A.) wouldn't taste good, B.) I am not a canible, C.) WAY to many carbs..I think...LOL I am tierd. Im going to see if I can stop peeing every 20 minutes long enough to atleast get a nap in..

Peggy_TX

Call your doctor's office and tell them you'd like to speak to a nurse. Tell them the doctor asked you to keep an eye on how your blood sugar was trending, and it seems to be staying in the high 200's and ask what medication she'd like you to take.

Yes, I know she's not giving you the answers you want. Yet. If this is the only doctor you can see, she's going to have to give you some answers.

Eventually, she's likely to prescribe something just to keep you from calling.

Or refer you to an endo.

Either way, you're better off.

And I would keep making calls to SSI and DHS and make sure you're going to get your next check. They can't just release you from DHS and not make appropriate arrangements for your SSI payments to get to you. Be polite, but persistent. Same theory... people will eventually help you out, just so you'll stop calling.

Good luck!!

(and put those most recent foods into the food log. stick with the food log so you can really track over time! If you used the livestrong site, you could keep your bloodsugar readings in the same log as your meals... but maybe this site lets you do that too?)

Brady

Can you send me the livestrong link, I think you sent it before but it got lost in the headache of my computer . I saved it, I know that much..lol I will call her and see. Persistance and a pain in the a ss by calling about the same issue. I like it..lol DHS has release my funds which means they go back to the SSA,I went in yesterday and filled for a new payee but they said it might take up to30 days to hear anything. And unfortunetly my cousin has a 7 almost 8 year old fellony that I hope doesn;t affect this. I am already skrewed as I won't be getting my ssi on the scheduled date which means I am not able to pay rent nor buy supplies. Food is coming from my cousin but even that will be tight untill my food stamps which may or may not come in.

Brady

OK. Thank you. I will start using this as unfortunetly the ipad is getting returned as my ssi isn't coming in anytime soon so I can't pay the bill...Sad day cuz I use it for all of my school, medical, and daily tracking...

Moonpie

is there anyway you can ask for them to expedite it, ask them to treat it as an emergency? ( your ssi funds)

Peggy is right, you can control your food choices better, & while I think the egg with cucumber is a wonderful breakfast ( & also one I eat sometimes) the bread on the sandwiches is a big no no. I know it seems so radical in our wheat based culture to avoid breads completely, but it really does help control the blood sugars better. Also, it is hard to realize, as diabetics, some fat is OK, it is the carbs that are unhealthy, all those so called healthy grains are very bad for our blood sugars. You are making good progress, keep it up :D

Brady
is there anyway you can ask for them to expedite it, ask them to treat it as an emergency? ( your ssi funds)

Peggy is right, you can control your food choices better, & while I think the egg with cucumber is a wonderful breakfast ( & also one I eat sometimes) the bread on the sandwiches is a big no no. I know it seems so radical in our wheat based culture to avoid breads completely, but it really does help control the blood sugars better. Also, it is hard to realize, as diabetics, some fat is OK, it is the carbs that are unhealthy, all those so called healthy grains are very bad for our blood sugars. You are making good progress, keep it up :D

Well here is what I recieved from DHS funds department:

TRAN Thanh thanh.tran@state.or.us

7:42 AM (8 hours ago)

to me, Beiningen, Rodriguez, Parmer

Hi Brady,

According to Jodi (your caseworker), your case was dismissed on 4/17/12. That means SSA gets notified that we're no longer your payee. SSA will stop sending your benefits to us as early as May/2012, depending on how long their process takes to stop or change the payee.

If your benefit stops coming to us in May, we may not be able to pay your full rent starting on May 22 per your agreement with your landlord (Ms. Rickina Bailey). We currently have enough in your account to pay the full rent from April 22 to May 21.

We think it beneficial for you to know what's going to happen, so you know what to expect. Please let me know if you have any questions for me.

Thanks.

Thanh Tran (OFS)

-----------------------------

Rodriguez Holly D holly.d.rodriguez@state.or.us

8:02 AM (8 hours ago)

to me, TRAN, Beiningen, Parmer

I notified Social security yesterday that we no longer wish to be payee. They will be expecting you in the office to apply. Good luck!

Holly Rodriguez

Child Welfare

Disability Analyst 2, Lead

500 Summer Street NE E78

Salem, OR 97301

(503) 945-6018

Fax (503) 945-7032

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So from what I understand, I will be paid in a few days. Atleast that's how I see it, What do you think? So that will allow me to get test strips and will also allow me to eat low carb without struggling to find low carb food around the house. Wish me luck!! Also may 5TH I may or may not be on the forums as I am taking my gf to the prom...I hate dancing and so does she but she wants to go anyways so....Im pleasing her with taking her,,,Also if we do dance, as it is like 5 hours there, could dancing cause bs to lower? like to go too low? Also what snacks would be good to bring as I know I will probably get hungry there but everything is so full of sugar at these dances.

Moonpie

oh good news :D Oh what fun to go to the prom, you can have fun. Pack some jerky or slim jims in your pocket, they keep well. And you can have one bite of cake for the occasion ;) If they seem to be delaying, ask to be treated on an emergency basis. Good luck & hang in there.

eta: get to the office to apply in person, asap

Peggy_TX

Sounds like you should have time to get the paperwork complete so you can become the direct payee before DHS is stopped as the payee. I'd suggest that you keep on top of everything to make sure nothing gets dropped, but it sounds like good news.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you start immediately on creating a budget so you can make sure that you have all your expenses (rent, food, medical, computer, etc) all lined up so you don't end up short on funds at the end of the month. It sounds like managing your own $ is going to be new to you -- so start planning now! (there are some great online sites like Mint which you might find helpful)

As for prom -- sounds wonderful!!! Go !! Have a great time! You've got a couple weeks before then -- let's hope we can get your blood sugar back on track before the event. We want you to feel great!

Brady

Problem is me not being 18 in the state of oregon you can't become your OWN payee..It sucks. So I have to have someone acting as my payee to transfer the funds to me. I have filed for my cousin to be the payee.So now I am just waiting to hear from the SSA whether it was approved. But neverthe less I will still be getting the payment for april-may so I have time to wait for then to drag there feet.

linda505

Hey Brady

Things seem to be looking up for you a bit - I am happy for you. Take some Almonds along with you to the prom. They are a good little snack - don't eat a bunch at once - I do well with eating about 10 at a time. You could also put a little peanut butter on celery and take it with you in a baggie.

When you get your money, or even before, I think you should start a post and ask for suggestions for a grocery list. That way we can all give you ideas of what to buy for meals and snacks. The one thing that I have learned being new is that at first you will feel like you are having a hypo when your BG is fine - your body takes awhile to get used to being normal. I am 6 weeks in and still feel hypo at normal numbers - although in the beginning I felt hypo at 110 - now it is more like 85 that makes me feel hypo - seems to be getting better. Please know that we all care about you and want to help you to succeed in this and I know you want it too. Your coming here is a big step in helping yourself.

Brady
Hey Brady

Things seem to be looking up for you a bit - I am happy for you. Take some Almonds along with you to the prom. They are a good little snack - don't eat a bunch at once - I do well with eating about 10 at a time. You could also put a little peanut butter on celery and take it with you in a baggie.

When you get your money, or even before, I think you should start a post and ask for suggestions for a grocery list. That way we can all give you ideas of what to buy for meals and snacks. The one thing that I have learned being new is that at first you will feel like you are having a hypo when your BG is fine - your body takes awhile to get used to being normal. I am 6 weeks in and still feel hypo at normal numbers - although in the beginning I felt hypo at 110 - now it is more like 85 that makes me feel hypo - seems to be getting better. Please know that we all care about you and want to help you to succeed in this and I know you want it too. Your coming here is a big step in helping yourself.

UPDATE: I have started a new thread as suggested for a shopping list.

LINK:http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/diabetes/65259-shopping-list.html#post745558

I am looking forward to your suggestions.

Subby
Hidden

Brady, a thread here is of people listing what they eat for their low carb diets. It is pushing 60 pages now. It will give you more ideas than you can shake a low carb stick at.

I'd suggest you start here.

Moonpie

I hope your cousin is trustworthy. I agree with creating a budget, I know far too many gown adults ( in their 40s) who blow their monthly pay check in the first week, & are left struggling for food etc later in the month. Don't fall into that trap.

Brady
Hidden

Ok, SO i got my test results back from the lab. They are in picture form as I didn't feel like typing every little word up on here. I don't have a scanner so hopefully this will be ok. Let me know if you can read it. If not, let me know which items you would like to know and I will put them up here in text form.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5765[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5767[/ATTACH]

Brady
Hidden

The last few images. Also, sorry they are sideways, Just download them and rotate.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5768[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5770[/ATTACH]

See my problem is, A.) she did the testing like right after the spikes began, B.) she didn't do the full diagnosing testing did she?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.