Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nita

Anybody Taking new BLOOD THINNERS?

Nita

I am to pick up a prescription today of a new (to me) blood thinner that is supposed to be super expensive. I think it will be Pradaxa. Aspirin gave me gout.

I am wearing a heart monitor for 30 days, going for an echo dye heart test soon and upping one of my BP meds. I was warned if I did not go on a blood thinner I would have a stroke with A Fib and end up in a nursing home.

I am hopeful that Medicare part D will give me a break on cost. Does anyone else take it or something similar? It is one that you do not have to go in for constant testing.

Thanks,

Nita

sweetstar

My husband takes Pradaxa. It is so much easier than cumidin; that required blood tests and constant changes in dosing.

He seems to be tolerating it very well. He went into A-Fib last summer and the heart doctor prescribed it. He did have

to be zapped to get out of A-Fib.

It is expensive because it is new and there are no generics yet. Fortunately, our insurance covers it and we have a

reasonable co-pay.

Nita

Thanks for replying. I went to get it yesterday and sure enough .... they had to have more info from my doctor before Medicare will approve it on my prescription plan. I am not sure it was Pradaxa but something starting with a Z. Probably the same.

I, too, was told if I did not get back into proper rhythym that they were going to put me to sleep and zap me back to normal but fortunately after a day and some shot I did. It will still be much more expensive than Coumadin but one or the other is imperative.

Thanks again,

Nita

FITIP

I've taken Coumadin for years but now I drink fresh ginger. Yes, the ginger roots are very powerful in blood cleansing. You can search it and you will find many positive things about fresh ginger. It's one the top herbs and rank high with garlic.

Ginger is God approved so you know you're getting the BEST quality for less price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.