Diabetes forums
TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

ran23

118 this morning, then moved rock and put down new weed-block. I'm not really tired of pulling weeds, wife's idea.  107 after that work.

adiantum

Thanks Mod, I am wary of trying any med because of the allergies so perhaps those youve endorsed might help me.

Recently Ive been getting a sore throat which usually suggests the start of an allergy.

I suspect peanuts so am giving them an on  off trial period.

Ran.. woohoo... Spring is in the air & I bet your landscaping looks great because of that work.

8 hours ago, modcarb said:

Lee,

I take Victoza, generic Actos, and the brand Amaryl.

I am allergic to Glimiperide (Amaryl) among a lot of other D meds.

Edited by adiantum

adiantum

I tried to reduce food & up the exercise yesterday but it  wasnt a good experience.

1 boiled egg & coffee for breakfast then walked the dogs before  going to 2 shopping centres.

I walked heaps around the first centre & stocked up on long sleeve t-shirts for winter.

I'm sure I lost weight by getting my hair cut.

I always get a shampoo when I get a trim because that woman does the best head massage.

Caught a bus to the 2nd centre which had hills to climb... This is when I shouldve got food.

I was feeling  foggy in the head & shaking.

I had to sign to close my PO box & I'm sure they never check a signature as I couldnt even spell my own name plus...I hyphenated  it twice.

Went into the supermarket to get treats to take home for my dogs but walked past the cake display................

My name is Lee and I am a carboholic

ran23

I ate white frosting little donuts with my wife, bad.     then did the morning project  of moving rocks and weedblock.   that worked in my favor. Pulse is still over 100. 

modcarb

Up early to go to OKC for eye appt.

This will show if the stents they put in when they removed the cataracts worked

and I can stay off the glaucoma drops.  fingers---toes---everything crossed.

Oriana

So I am up 9 pds from emotional eating these last few weeks. It's been a hard time. I have so much food I don't need to shop for another week and a half so I guess I will wait to go lower carb. I will probably get new food next Wed actually. Anyway that is where Im at. I've started to eat gluten again because I was having pain without it so I didn't see the point in continuing to not have it. So far the pain has stayed a t moderate and it doesn't seem yet the gluten is making it worse. Wait and see. The good news of this is I can go back to eating Fibre 1-bad news it is higher carbs than I thought. 11 carbs per 1/2 cup. I thought that was for 1 cup.

adiantum

Its really good to see you online again  Oriana.

I'm sorry your having such a hard time & hope you turn things around really soon.

What location is this pain you are having...could it be the liver?

modcarb

Oriana,

I am so glad to see you again.  Maybe low carb isn't the best plan for you??

I can't do low carb because I can't do the high fat part of it.

I am also up a couple of pounds.  Pretty sure it is fluid.  Didn't drink enough water yesterday while I was gone.

Bad new is --my pressure in my eyes has gone back up so the stents didn't work.

So I am back on the eye drops every night. 

I knew there was a chance it wouldn't work so not really surprised.

meyery2k

Oriana - Good to see you back again.  We have missed you.

modcarb - I am sorry the stents aren't working.  Please forgive my ignorance but is it something that can be reinstalled?  I guess I think of them like little pipes.  Maybe a retry or a different size?  I am sure my lack of knowledge is shining brightly here but that is how the technician/contractor part of me thinks.  Something drains slowly? Get a bigger pipe or adjust the slope.   All attempts at humor aside, I am sorry and I hope an alternative to the drops can be found.

modcarb

Mike,

I'm not sure how they work either.

I plan to call my surgeon and see what he thinks.

ran23

163.6 today.  OK, time to make a change, will drop some weight. 

adiantum

Mod, could your vision issues be related to Actos?

I just checked out  the side effects &  theres a few that could bother me.

https://www.rxlist.com/actos-side-effects-drug-center.htm

I'm really tired of allergies. Ive been trying to identify my latest one  thats causing sore throat &  eyes..

I stopped all nuts but now I'm wondering if its cheese.

Years ago I went to see an iridoligist. I still laugh when I recall that visit.

He looked into my eyes & said"My Goodness, how long have you had diarrhea" 

That had me thinking he could see right through me &  I sure tightened some muscles .

He went on to say he believed I was allergic to citrus,nuts & cheese.

Perhaps he was right?

modcarb

Lee,

I have borderline glaucoma so it's not the actos.

Putting in stents when cataracts are removed is relatively new

and it doesn't always work.  The drops relieve the pressure so I won't go blind.

The weight gain is from not following my diet plan.  I am working on changing my behavior

and stop grabbing junk just because I am tired and don't want to cook.

We are taking our granddaughters to our son and DIL's baby shower Saturday.

This means eating lunch out with all the family plus taking the granddaughters out for dinner before we take them home.

I need to make good choices.  Plus not weigh until Sunday morning and restart.  B)

ran23

When I switched eye doctors, it spooked me when she looked into the back of my retina and said I had high cholesterol and glaucoma in my future. 

adiantum

Enjoy  Saturday with the family on Saturday Mod.... Recover from it Sunday...Restart Monday

6 hours ago, modcarb said:

We are taking our granddaughters to our son and DIL's baby shower Saturday.

This means eating lunch out with all the family plus taking the granddaughters out for dinner before we take them home.

I need to make good choices.  Plus not weigh until Sunday morning and restart.  B)

modcarb

Well it's restart Monday.

My legs have also broken out again in the rash that turns into blisters.

I skipped the support hose for a couple of days to let it heal a bit

without the hose rubbing on it.  They are back on and will be drinking lots of water

to get rid of the extra fluids. 

This past week was a lot of driving and not so much water so I am paying for it.

Oriana

well it has been another week of not low carb. current weight 309. grocery day will be saturday and i have to figure out what i want to eat. i never know how low carb i should go. i need to get serious bc my breathing is getting worse and i'll say i think its from the weight gain. at this weight gaining 10 pds is a lot. my lungs whistle sometimes. i hope i can get back to normal non emotional eating. i'm hungry all the time and it must be my body going crazy from the carbs.

I hope everyone does well this week with their goals

janice21475

Oriana, Please know I am on your side. You know your body better than anyone else and I believe you are correct. The higher carbs are driving a craving for more. Have you tried Salmon salad with eggs, Mayo & celery. I have been eating this and found you can add 3 eggs to one small can of salmon and still get that good flavor salmon gives. I was shopping for salmon yesterday and it is frustrating. I am on a potassium restricted diet, like 0-50 content is my limit. Oddly some cans of salmon list potassium and others don't.  Do they really remove it? Can they remove it? I don't think they are aware some people can't eat it. That warning is under threat of severe heart trouble. No clue what is causing it to climb so high. I blame the diet of 100% beans, but I don't have a medical degree, so they don't listen to me. Oh, well. I am not looking for sympathy just want to let you know I can share your frustration to a degree because I have my own frustration. I don't want to take away from your problem and thoroughly support you in your battle. I do believe you can beat this and I will hold that thought.

Hugs, Janice

Oriana

never mind I have figured it out. i'm back on gluten bc it is not curing my pain anymore so bc of that i can go on my original lower carb diet that worked so well for me when i was first on this forum. this will be interesting. it was fibre 1 for breakfast. meat and veg for lunch and 1 piece of fruit with either low carb yogurt or a bit of pb. hb eggs for a snack

Oriana

Janice I have never heard of a potassium restricted diet. I imagine it is hard because it is not listed. Ty for your support

Kit

Janice, I can understand your frustration.  When my brother started having kidney problems he had to keep an eye on his potassium and phosphorus levels.  Both are vital nutrients for the body, but too high levels can cause immediate problems of their own.  Neither one of those are required to be on nutrition labels.