Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

Oriana

mod I feel for you. I think about you all the time.

I didn't gain over the holidays. I wonder if it is because I'm sick and haven't eaten many meals over the last week and a half. Over xmas I did manage to eat many gf butter tarts and some gf cake. This flu is really hanging on. When I woke up today I thought it was gone but it is still in my chest

janice21475

Dear Modcarb,

Whatever they do, my wish is for the wounds to soon heal and that you can get on with your life. Please keep us informed as we all care about you.

Hugs, janice

janice21475
On 12/31/2018 at 10:56 AM, Oriana said:

"This flu is really hanging on. When I woke up today I thought it was gone but it is still in my chest"

Dear Oriana,

Hope your health has improved and that the after effects of that nasty flu are clearing away.

Happy New Year,

j

modcarb

Janice,

I have to get well so I can continue losing weight.  Right now with limited exercise and eating off plan, I am

just getting by.

janice21475

Dear Modcarb,

Well, for myself I am going to think positive, and look forward to when you are back on the diet instead of on your back. With some of the issues I have had with my own health I understand the feelings you can have. Looking back I can see it was easy for me to keep my spirits up when caregivers came in the room but the hours alone were very long, BUT I did get better and the memories of those long hours are faint, Thank God. I hope you experience is similar and you soon will have many good days ahead. Hugs, Janice

modcarb

It will get better. 

Weight this morning was 263.2 so not much over where I was.

janice21475

Mod, Glad you are looking for the positive! I hope you see much more of it SOON!

Oriana, Have you recovered yet? That certainly has been giving you a rough time of it. Hope things are getting better for you, too. Keep in touch with us, OK?

modcarb

Now wearing a uboot on the right leg that gets changed on Mon., Wed., and Friday.

I go back to the wound clinic every Friday now so they can check my legs and hopefully note progress.

Weight was 259.8 this morning.

modcarb

Weight was 260.6 so up about a pound.

Looking into Dr. Eric Berg's books for help. 

janice21475

Hi Mod, Years ago I had a Colostomy and then 6 months later a reversal. The wound would not close. Eventually they sent me to a 'wound care' Doctor. He eventually got it closed over but it took s lot of fussing with to do it. At the time I was going through this, while laying in the hospital a Doctor came in and talked with me. I was on so much medication the conversation and visit seemed like an 'other world' experience. She told me to come see her when I got out. No appointment was made and it was a long time later that I got there. Turned out I had a 'blood condition' that effected the healing. Why they did not address this before I went through months of wound care I may never know. I only vaguely remember that time period but I do remember leg swelling. The result of the 'condition' was too many platelets in my blood and uncontrollable high blood pressure. Maybe you could ask your Dr. how your blood platelets are. Wishing you complete healing.

modcarb

Janice,

What an awful experience to go through.

I had a lot of labs done including all the blood counts when I was in the ER last Friday night.

Everything was normal except my count was 9.2.

Weight is 259.

janice21475

Hi Mod, Glad to be reassured your blood work is OK. Keep us informed on the weeping legs. I hope it clears up very soon - and stays that way!!  Hugs, J

janice21475

Modcarb, Hope you have a nice session with Wound Care. Don't expect progress to be quick but I believe they will get it under control. Sending warm greetings!

Oriana, Have not see a post from you in a bit, are you OK? I know Winter can be trying, especially with getting out and buying groceries. I would send you a bit of warm Florida air but it has been replaced with COLD. When the temperature drops I hibernate. :)

modcarb

the legs are a bit better.  They measure the areas every week so they can tell.

The doctor asked if I was willing to take prednisone and I agreed.

6 tablets today.

Weight is 254.8 so down a bit more.

janice21475

Modcarb, isn't it great to hear positive comments from the caretakers?? Hope things continue on this path, keep us informed. Stay the course! Hugs, janice

modcarb

weight is 256.0 this am.

Prednisone is really playing havoc with my bgs.

Saturday was my first day --6 pills-- I ran in the high 500s all day.

Yesterday was 5 pills and I was in the high 400s all day.

Today was 4 pills and fasting was 372.

Yikes   :(

janice21475

Well,at the same time it is boosting  BG readings, Lord willing it will be equally boosting rejuvenating nutrients. Target right now is healing those legs. Keep us posted and please remember how we are pulling for you. Lv, j

Oriana, You have been silent for too long, Concerned about you!! (((hugs)))

modcarb

I second Janice's question.

Oriana, How are you?

Took my last prednisone today.  Legs have pretty well quit draining.

Wound Care Clinic tomorrow.

janice21475

Dear Modcarb,

No draining is a delightful report. They don't mess around in wound care clinics. Glad you survived the prednisone. :)

Still looking for Oriana - sending her a hug.