Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

modcarb

We will be starting the procedures on 3/5.

Right leg hurts but I am hanging in because it will get better.

Weight is 278.

modcarb

The infection in my right heel is gonna delay the vein procedures until I take a round of Cipro.

modcarb

Today is the day of my first procedure.  Had to take the unnaboots off yesterday per instructions.

Looks like I am allergic to something in the unnaboots.  Right leg has more open wounds

where the boot was and the left leg has scaly skin.

janice21475

Climb up 100 feet - slide back down 25, just keep on climbing. 75 feet is still progress.

They should have had you taking the books off for an hour a day, at least, to let them breath.

Hope all goes well with the procedure and it moves you towards recovery and freedom from the boots.

Hugs, Janice

Oriana

praying the procedure goes well mod.

i'm going to start posting more often. i need to be accountable for my exercise. the last 3 months i've felt so rotten and run down i've done nothing except sit in my chair all day. i just can't get better. my respiratory system is very bad i suppose from such a lack of movement. i've gained weight as well. i've become a heavy breather. i can hear my self breathe even when i'm not doing anything. i did 4 minutes on the bike today and had to stop bc of my breathing. my legs could have continued. i will have to do it a little at a time. i'm doing some arm movements as well. i want to be able to walk to the beach in the summer which is only 5 minutes away. i dont have much time to fix this

meyery2k

Oriana - Post here often.  I find posting my daily BG helps me maintain discipline for eating and exercise.  4 minutes is better than the zero you were doing.  Keep doing 4 minutes, then go for 5, then 10, and so on.

Oriana

I did maybe 8 mins today. I didn't have a timer, I was looking at song lengths. I had to answer a robocall so that interrupted it. My knees hurt. My legs are so big that it is harder to pedal now bc the lower part of the leg smashes into the upper part when going around. Tomorrow is another day.

adiantum

Tomorrow certainly is another day Oriana & I hope its a good day to you.

8 minutes is great... see what happens tomorrow.

meyery2k

@Oriana - Music can be a great help.  For time and, as you get stronger again, perhaps pedal in tempo with the music.  When I was walking/running, I would try to march/run in tempo with the music.  It got easier as I got stronger.

janice21475

Good morning, Oriana and everyone!

It is good to hear you are riding the bike. I do so want you to feel better and be able to walk to the park in the nice weather.

Mod, Hope you are doing well after the procedure. I know I am anxious for you to be up and about again, so the feeling must be strong with you, as well. Do, please, keep us in the loop, it bothers me not to know how you are doing.

It is a beautiful sunny,  early Spring day and I hope to get some plants in the ground. I have 8 Zuchinni and a nice big Peppermint plant.  I am going to plant them in the chicken pen. No chickens any longer but there is lots of nice composted chicken do-do.

Take care everyone, Janice

modcarb

Had the second procedure on the right leg yesterday.  Wowzer it hurt.

No idea when they will start the left leg, but they will call when they are ready.

Will weigh and post that tomorrow.  I know I am packing a lot of extra fluid.

janice21475

Poor Mod, Don't know what they are doing to you in this procedure but I had some varicose veins killed by electricity one time and it was terrible. It has been many years since but I have not forgotten how it felt. I never dwell on how it felt because I choose to forget the whole thing.  Hopefully you will heal and be able to 'forget' the whole thing yourself. Now I have to go erase all those old memories, yet again.

Hope you are on the road to recovery. Please follow their advice and keep us updated. Sending hugs,

Janice

modcarb

weight was 283.8 this morning.  I can tell from my very fat thighs that it is fluid.

so depressing.

janice21475

Mod, the fluid is because of the procedure they did. You body is sending fluid to cushion the boo boo's. If you didn't get it the pain would probably be worse. At this point the fluid is your friend, try to love it, or at least the job it is doing. I am sure you are ready for this to be over. It has been a very long battle. Soldier on, sweetheart, we are all on your side, rootin' for your recovery. Hugs, J

modcarb

weight was 281.6 this morning.

Legs are weeping a lot of fluid.

janice21475

Mod, "Legs are weeping a lot of fluid. " Is that as it should be? Or, should we be alarmed? I am sure, whichever way, it is not comfortable and probably a chore to care for.

Sending sympathy and hugs,

Janice

modcarb

It means the cellulitis is worse.  I am having to put ABD pads with gauze wraps to collect the fluid

instead of being able to wear compression which is what they need to heal.

Weight is 277.6 so at least under the 280 mark. 

janice21475

Dear Mod, Glad you were able to share some positive news about your weight being 277.6. Very sorry for the cellulitis. I know how that makes you suffer. Wish I could snap my fingers and make it 'all better.'

Sending a greeting to everyone else, too. Oriana have you been able to get any more bike time ? Hope you are doing well.