Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

Oriana

hi guys. i said i was going to come on more often and then i didnt. i've been so exhausted and not sleeping and eating and doing nothing. i'm at my highest weight ever 324. i've been eating crap.

i slept last night a normal amount which is very unusual for me. even my best night are usually only 4 hours. i did the bike today. i decided to stop timing my rides bc i just get anxious waiting for time to pass. i put a album on that i knew the words to and did that instead. i still only managed to do 11 mins. i am exhausted. the weight gain is killing me. first goal get under 300.

my leg is still huge. if i sleep flat half of it will drain out but as soon as im up it goes back in very quickly. 10 mins or so. i hope the bike can help it a bit to move around.

modcarb

Another night of no sleep.

Itching so badly, I took 4 Benedryls three times during the night, but it didn't help.

I am wondering if the insulin allergy is causing it??

I already took my am shot but will stop for a cople of days to see if the itching stops.

Down another # at 276.6.

adiantum

Hugs to Mod & Oriana and hopes things work out soon.

We have a special womans birthday coming up in two weeks............any plans Oriana?

Oriana

going to the dr on my birthday. might have breakfast with parents. nothing exciting. thank you for knowing

modcarb

Weight was 273 so down a bit more.

Was in the ER yesterday as my legs hurt so much I couldn't stand it any longer.

Labs showed elevated white blood cells and inflammation markers.

Doxycycline Hyclate for 10 days.

modcarb

I want to give everyone a heads up---

Monday afternoon I will be checking into a skilled nursing facility for probably 2 weeks.

Won't be able to post until I get back.

adiantum

Mod you wont be absent from our mind & hearts .... we shall be sending you our best wishes .

janice21475

Dear Mod, Lord willing they will be able to get a grip on this painful condition and allow your body heal.

Dear Oriana, Hope your visit with your parents was nice and that you were able to enjoy your Birthday. Also hope your Birthday Doctor's visit brought you some measure of relief. Have you had any sign of Spring? We had a tremendous hail storm the night before last. There was continuous lightning with no thunder. Laying in bed and looking out the window it seemed cars were parked around my yard and all shining their lights. With no thunder it was very spooky. I don't know if there was hail in my yard as it was 3:30 am and I didn't go out and look. No damage, thank God. I did move from the bedroom I was in to the other one that is not directly beneath a huge tree. Didn't want to tempt trouble. :)

modcarb

well today is the big day.  I hurt so bad last night I got no sleep.

Weight was down a bit more to 269.6

adiantum

Happy Birthday Oriana

happy birthday gif Happy birthday s get the on giphy gif

Beautiful people that are members of DF get to celebrate over two days.

@Oriana I hope every minute of those two days gives you pleasure.

janice21475

Been keeping Mod Carb and Oriana in my thoughts and prayers. Mod, I hope the treatments will resolve your pain. Oriana, I hope you are doing well.

Preparing to set some plants in the ground. WalMart and the local grocery had a big sale on spring flowering plants. I bought a bunch of bright flowering plants and look forward to enjoying them all summer. It is predicted to be a strong Tropical Storm season so the flowers will get plenty of watering. Maybe I should have bought some 'water lillies.' (Grin)

Oriana

thank you for the birthday wishes! thank you janice for worrying about me.

i've hurt my ankle. it might have been when i fell in the tub but i was already having trouble with it when i do the bike. i havent done the bike now in a few days. i have a weird thing now where ive gained weight on the back on my knee and the fat folds over and it sweats giving me a rash. ive got anti biotic stuff on it now.

i'm going to go back low carb for lunch and dinner but higher carb breakfast. just was wondering about too much protein. isn't there a thing about protein turning into sugar or something? i'm sorry i can't remember things like this. i'm really determined to fix this weight now that im so high and my body is just not functioning. i thought i could do it with exercise but my body is just not up for it so ive got to do more with diet

janice21475

Hi Oriana,

Sorry about your ankle. Grateful the fall didn't cause even more damage than that. Although, you need two ankles to walk!

Low Carb for at least two meals a day can pay off for you. I look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Sure would like to know how Mod Carb is making out in the rehab place (or whatever it's title is). Miss seeing her posts and knowing how she is coming along.

Love, Janice

adiantum

@Oriana , ouch that ankle sounds sore as does that rash behind your knee.

When the rash clears up, it might be wise to keep that region oiled to prevent a repeat.

I put coconut oil under my boobs so a rash doesnt happen.

The diet is the most important & yes a lot of protein will convert to carbs but I dont remember the details.

Exercise can be just moving & there must be some you can do while protecting that ankle, like upper body workouts  or sit& stand a few times if you can.

We are with you in spirit and want this year to be kinder to you.

modcarb

19 days in the hospital with 17 days on IV antibiotics.

Finally got the infection defeated.  WBC started at 12,000 and ended at 9,000.

I still have a crack in my right heel which makes it hard to walk but it is healing.

Still have a lot of swelling and fluid retention.

Weight was up to 292.8   😭

Will be doing a lot of walking when my heel is healed and I can walk without pain.

BUT I am finally on the road to recovery   😀

Will be posting my weight loss journey.  Since the infection cleared the doctor was able to lower my

diabetic meds  😀  which will help.

Thank you for all your prayers.  It has been a long road to recovery but I couldn't have

done it without His help.