Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

modcarb

I was awake all last night itching and scratching.

Took my Toujeo shot without thinking.   YUP I have a rash

all over my knees, legs, and hips.  So.......

Plan B is going back on the keto diet and watching the sodium.

Waiting on my endo to call me.

modcarb

BGs have ben in the 60-70 range without the Toujeo.  One 90.

I do realize I still have some insulin in my body. 

But I also went low carb as in 25 carbs/day--gross not net.

weight was 299.2

modcarb

weight is now 292.2 so down some.

However, my bgs are in the 200 range.

Could be cause I broke a tooth yesterday and am eating cheesy potato soup

until I can get it fixed or pulled tomorrow.

Oriana

Mod you can't seem to win. Glad to see you on here.

I'm still dealing with making bad food choices bc I feel addicted to certain foods. If I don't buy them I think about them constantly. I haven't always been like this even tho I've always been big. It is very annoying. Choosing what to buy seems difficult.

adiantum

Mod and Oriana, I do wish life would give you both a break & allow you to travel without these set backs.

Kudos to you for not giving up.

Oriana

thank you.

you guys it is so hard to find underwear. i bought some from a canadian plus size store online and they are terrible. there is not enough elastic and they stretch out as you wear them so they eventually fall down. they are not usual underwear material. I went on full beauty this morning to buy some underwear bc that is where i got my last pack from and it worked out well. i was prepared to pay the currency exchange and duty if it meant finally having some normal underwear to use but i was not prepared for the $42 USD shipping charge! that doesn't include any taxes or duty. $42 to ship. It has always been hard to use that company from Canada but this seals it for me. Never going back on that site. also that shipping charge was for a 5 pack of panties. nothing else. I have had bands send me sweatshirts from the usa for $5-$10 usd so there is no excuse.

Oriana

I can't buy from UK because the currency exchange is terrible. It would cost me double or more in Canadian

modcarb

Just realized I hadn't posted an update for a while.

Weight is down to 280.

Legs are still draining.  Went to the wound care doctor who saw me while I was in the hospital.

They did a culture on several areas of my lets.  Will find out Monday or Tuesday if I still have an infection.

janice21475

Hi Mod, Good to hear from you. You didn't mention it but has the pain become less or at least better controlled? I understand how draining that can be. Glad you posted it is good to hear from you.

Janice

janice21475

Saying 'sorry about your pain' has an empty sound and doesn't make it go away, but what else can I say. There is a line in a song that runs through my head but I can't place it in the song so I don't know where it came from but here it is, 'I know a lot about pain.' I think it was from a poem, YES, it was this I think that was the title.

I have forgotten how to cry

but the sky remembers.

And sheds it's healing tears

that experience and years

have taught me how to discipline and dry.

The sky and I have an agreement about pain

and I love rain.

This poem was in a Youth publication called "16" way back in the 1950's. I believe it deals more with emotional pain than physical, however. Thank God, in my teens emotional pain was stronger than physical pain. How little I knew of life.

None of this has much affect on your situation but perhaps it will distract you for a short but. Hope you get some positive resolution soon.

Love, Janice

------

Oh Oriana, Wondering where you are and how you are doing. I hope you fine some joy in your days and are able to effect a change that will truly improve your situation. Please know that I think of you and am on your side as much as I can be. Hugs!

Edited by janice21475
edited typo

Oriana

thanks guys

my health has plummeted. i can't breathe even when i just walk up the hall. i need to get my weight down. i'm walking up the hall 2 x a day to try to get my respiratory better. i'm going to be doing low carb lunch and dinner. shredded wheat for breakfast. this is the most sustainable for me rather than 3 very low carb meals. i'm learning from past mistakes. starting weight 325