Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

adiantum

What an awful situation.

I think its now best if you contact Rotary yourself & explain yourself,location,disability, the problem  & reliance upon that chair & ask if they can help you .

I believe it would be better if they heard from you rather then your dad .

Check your local phone book /website for the group closest to you .

https://www.rotary.org/en

adiantum

Oriana, what brand is your chair? 

I was going to ring a local chair seller here & ask if any  remote would work but they'll probably ask what brand your chair is

Oriana

ok the chair is fixed! i put it in the upright position and unplugged it. i can use it like this. the guy told my parents the wires are very hard and fragile

janice21475

It is a pleasure to read that the chair is fixed. That is certainly good news. I am so happy for you!

I have no idea why this post is so large??

Edited by janice21475

ran23

I must have looked stupid jumping on and off the scale.  162.4.   I was 168.9  most of last week.  ???  Didn't realize I was cutting back that much.  luv it

Oriana

ok so I said I would start posting in Jan and now it is March. I'm starting keto on Tues. Grocery delivery on Monday. I have a goal to lose 40 pds bc Im 40 pds over the weight limit on my walker. Pandemic has been very hard for me. Not to go into much detail but Ive been almost completely without mental health support and my mom is going in for heart surgery on Friday. They are replacing her aorta and she might not make it through. I think starting keto now when I most want to binge is for the best. As it gets closer to Friday I we will see how hard this gets. I also have a breathing issue now that idk if it is from lack of exercise or a real issue. Its really only present when walking. 

adiantum

Hey there Oriana, its lovely to see you online again.

Your often in my thoughts &  I wish you & your mum great success.

Oriana

so I started keto and did it for most of 2 days. my breathing got worse. before i only had trouble breathing when walking and now it was talking on the phone. i quit keto. will monitor breathing for a few days and tell you if it gets better 

adiantum

I think thats just co-incidental  as keto  would not affect your breathing unless you ate something  your allergic to.

If your overweight in your chest area, that could cause breathing difficulties.

adiantum

Hi Asim.... whe you joined  just 4 hours ago, did you notice  in the rules that advertising is not permitted.

I suggest no-one click on that link as youu dont know if therees nasties within it

Oriana

So I haven't been on-things just kept getting worse for me. I'm getting a tooth pulled today and I'm very nervous. It is split in half all the way below the gum line and can't be saved. I've lived with for a week and a half. Today was the soonest emergency appt I could get. I've been worried about infection and I haven't been able to brush that area properly. I hope today goes well. We are at the height of the pandemic here and surgery is the last thing I want. 

My apatite is way down. I don't know if it is the tooth or being put on anti depressants but I've lost 6 pds in the last few weeks. I rarely weight myself. I haven't been eating much. Just bits of soft things. I hope you all are doing ok

meyery2k

@Oriana - Let us know how the tooth goes.  Hospitals, dentists, and medical offices would be very likely to observe strict infection protocols.  Try not to worry about COVID.  Concentrate on the fact that tooth will be fixed.

adiantum

Hugs Oriana... I'm hoping all went well & you have no more trouble with your teeth.

They cause so much pain.

janice21475

Dear Oriana, Hope things went smoothly at the dentist. No way around it, dentist appointments are nothing to which anybody looks forward. Life will be much more comfortable once the broken tooth is out.  The spot may be tender for a while but not sore from infection and once properly tended to the pain will greatly reduce to a discomfort. Keep in touch and let us know how it went. Sending some more hugs, Janice

Oriana

So the new dentist decided to save the tooth against the wishes of the first dentist who said it would become infected. He said if pain builds up I have to come back for a root canal or to have it pulled. The work he did most likely took up all my insurance for the next 2 years. I get $1k every 2 years and it restarted in Jan. If this tooth goes bad idk what I'm going to do. I have some emergency money saved but really dont want to blow it all on dentistry. I hope this all works out. 

Hammer

Oriana, I think that your first dentist was right, that the tooth needed to be pulled, because you can't save a tooth if it's split in half, all the way down to the root.  I had a similar situation some years ago...I had a tooth that had had a root canal, and a crown put on it, split.  The dentist told me that, once it splits, there is nothing that can be done except to pull it.  If you leave it in place, the spilt will allow bacteria to get into the tooth and surrounding tissue, and it will keep getting infected.  I hated to have it pulled, since it cost $1800 to have the root canal and crown put on it, but I had no choice, so I had it pulled.  Having it pulled is a lot cheaper than having a root canal and crown, which will eventually not work, and the tooth will still need to be pulled.

Hammer

I am on a diet to lose weight, and so far, I have lost 25 pounds.  My diet is one that I made up for myself, and I don't recommend that anyone else do it.  I call it my "starvation diet".  It consists of, well, not eating much.  I was eating three hard boiled eggs for breakfast, and no lunch or dinner.  Now, I don't feel like eating breakfast anymore, so I don't eat breakfast, lunch or dinner.  All I eat are 3 or 4 slices of Swiss cheese throughout the day, and a few small handfuls of cashews throughout the day, and surprisingly, I am not hungry.  Now tomorrow, I will be meeting a friend of mine for dinner at a restaurant, so I'll have a normal dinner, so I'm not completely starving, but I've tried everything to lose weight, and my "starvation diet" is the only thing that is working.

ran23

Spent yesterday helping a contractor move Water Heaters, boulders in the garden and 5-gallon buckets of rock/gravel to parts of the yard.  that was the killer.  Woke to a 1 lb lost.  169.6 this morning. 

Hammer

Ran, I'm glad to see that you called them by their correct name, as most people don't.  They are called water heaters.  Most people call them hot water heaters....I mean, why would you want to heat hot water?  If it's already hot, then why would you need something to heat it?😄  Sorry, that's the plumber part of me showing itself.

ran23

On one of my forums, a Plumber spoke up and said ask any questions.  So I did, just moved to the PNW and no American Standard in my house?  I said, "wipe out the Mansfield and get FluidMaster 400A in there".  that is the extent of my plumbing abilities. 

Hammer

I am not a fan of the Fluidmaster fill valve.  The reason is that they are too slow to fill the toilet.  I will admit that they are easy to repair, but I prefer the old ballcock fill valve.  They are much faster at filling the tank.  I like other Fluidmaster products.  Right now, I'm using one of their waxless seals for one of my toilets, and it works really well.  I can't use a wax seal because the idiot who built the house used the wrong type of reducing bushing in the plastic (ABS plastic) drain pipe.  The drain pipe is 3 inches in diameter, and the horn on the bottom of the toilet is 2 inches in diameter, so he glued into the 3 inch drain pipe, a bushing, but it's the wrong type.  The correct type would be a plastic bushing that is three inches in diameter on the outside, and two inches in diameter on the inside.  Instead, he used a bushing that it three inches in diameter on the outside, but it reduces to 2 inches, three quarters of an inch from the top on the inside.  That leaves a three quarter inch gap where there is no bushing.  That gap will, over time, cause the wax seal to slowly wash away, and the toilet will leak.  The waxless seal doesn't use wax, so there is nothing to wash away.