Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snj

Type 2 Diabetic and pregnant..... some words of advice please!

snj

I am at a very early stage of pregnancy, my hbA1C came out to be 8.6, pretty high. I was on medication till i realised i was preggy now the doc has switched me insulin. M hoping that wl work out well for me. I had a miscarriage last year due to high blood sugar. So, m hoping really hard dat my pregnancy wl b good this time. This wl b my frst baby. Oh n m type 2 diabetes for past 10 yrs, like from my teens. M also kind of on obese side :-s. anybody else who is goin thru or has been thru same kid of pregnancies, please share some tips, experiences etc. m lil freaked out. The kind of risks out der fr our babies :-/ . may god help us.

jshuffle

Glad to see you posting in the forum after seeing you in chat yesterday! Hoping you find the answers you need here

diaboki

The best thing you can do is to focus on getting that A1C down and getting good nutrition into your body. Like you, I was switched from meds to insulin for pregnancy purposes and it worked out great for me. I got my A1C down to 5.0 for most of my pregnancy and it was never an issue. My high blood pressure WAS an issue, though. But my sugars were very good. Get yours down! You can do it! I followed the Weston A Price Foundation's diet for pregnant women (minus the grains, which are too high in carbs for me and most other diabetics). My daughter is a beautiful and healthy 7-week-old now.

Here is a link to the WAPF diet. I actually have it on a magnet on my fridge:

Diet for Pregnant and Nursing Mothers - Weston A Price Foundation

Good luck! You will be fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.