Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarah76

Rash around neck

sarah76

I got rash around my neck yesterday morning (weather was not so good, the heat).

The rash looks like this picture more or less http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NLmLm5iCkF4/TfT73SGHTfI/AAAAAAAADXw/Ei7hNDuLYYM/s400/DSCN0586.JPG.

I went to see a doctor, he said this was due to allergy and gave me BENADRYL® Caplets | BENADRYL® and some allergy cream. I took the med and applied the cream.

This morning when I got up 90% of the rash disappeared (so glad) but around noon it came back 100% (so sad).

I applied the cream again, now (3 hrs later) 80% is gone...

I ate the same food as usual.

I searched this forum and found threads about hives and rash but not rash around the neck.

If this is allergy and might last a few days, I will be patient and wait (like I have a choice :), but google search returned this page that said "Persistent rashes can indicate underlying conditions such as kidney disease or diabetes" Itchy Skin Around The Neck | LIVESTRONG.COM. Now I wonder if this is some bigger problem due to diabetes and kidney disease and I am very worried (sigh.. what's next?)

Any similar experiences?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

NoraWI

You have had that rash only a day or two. Wait a week to 10 days to see if it goes away. You've already seen your doctor. See him again if the rash persists. It's probably just as he said -- an allergic reaction aggravated by heat or maybe the washing detergent you used on your clothes. I certainly wouldn't start worrying about kidney problems. That's pretty far fetched. Relax!

jwags

It looks like a heat rash or allergy. I tend to get rashes when it is very humid or wet out. I also have to be very careful about fabrics and detergent with any kind of perfumes or chemicals. When I exercise and sweat if I don't shower and change into dry clothes I sometimes get rashes. Both my daughters who are non diabetic have had bouts with psoraisis over the years. The doctor told them it was caused by a streph virus that gets aggravated by stress.

sarah76

Thank you everyone.

I also have to be very careful about fabrics and detergent with any kind of perfumes or chemicals.

Allergy to fabrics is my thing. I am thinking the reusable shopping bag I was carrying caused this rash.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.