Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diagnosed1990

10 weeks pregnant and found out A1C 8.9

Diagnosed1990

Hi all. I am a Type 1 of 22 years and 35 years old. I have been without health insurance for quite sometime and recently was added to my husband's policy. Two weeks ago I went to the OB/GYN and saw my baby and heard the heartbeat for the first time! Today I got the call about my bloodwork. Everything fine except for the most important A1C 8.9 :( and low Vitamin D. I am so concerned for my baby. I have been testing since the at home preg test came back positive 10-15 times per day and have been in really good control. I do have some random highs but quickly correct those and have been diligent in all my care. I just need to hear positive stories from all of you. I am so scared and imagine the effects m sugars have had on my little one. I also was weighed in and since last year this exact time have put on FIFTY pounds. Wow Diabetes the ever changing green eyed goblin in the room! Thank-you all. And hope to connect with all of you who have/are going through same situation.:confused:

bdelatte

You said you have been in really good control. do you mean just since you've found out you are prego? Or before? Just asking b/c u said your a1c is 8.9. Sounds like if you have been in control since the baby news then obviously that is great and I know you will continue to do that :) and hopefully lower that number, but I also hope you continue the good control after your baby is here so hopefully you wont have anymore 8.9's. We can all help to keep you motivated. You want to see your baby grow old and get married and all that so keeping in good control is the way to go! Keep it up and you should be just fine.

Kathryn10

I found out I was pregnant just after I had gotten on an insulin pump. My blood sugars definitely weren't the best but I worked very hard throughotu my pregnancy to keep my bgs under control. Pregnancy is the best motivator!! I see a lot of posts like these on this website and I just tell people to do their best. You can't change your numbers in the past but you can do your best now and throughout your pregnancy to ensure that your baby has the best environment possible in which to develop. Good luck and stay on the boards here!

JennaEllis

I'm now pregnant with my second child. I've had type one since I was 2 and am now 26 and not always had the best control over the years esp in my teens. When I was pregnant last time my hba1c was 10 when I found out and the docs gave me no support and basically told me to have an abortion which I didn't do and I have a perfectly healthy 1 yr old daughter. The pregnancy was difficult and damaged my eyes a little but I had brill control through out and am now pregnant again and they've found protein in my urine so waiting for some test results but so so scared my kidneys are failing. Having diabetes and being pregnant isn't easy all you can do is keep tight control over blood sugars and get as much support as possible

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.