Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbmacomber

"cheese" crackers always stick, what am I doing wrong?

jbmacomber

I try to make the cheese crackers, but they always stick to the paper. I have tried parchment paper, spraying the parchment paper. Today ven tried waxed paper. they always stick, maybe I can get 20% off the paper. What am I doing wrong? I bake at 350 till brown, have tried baking less, more, etc. Please help because the ones that do come off are so good!

jwags

I make my cheese crackers in the microwave. I either use a piece of parchement paper, not waxed paper or a coated paper plate. They never stick. Also what kind of cheese are you using ?

jbmacomber

American, how long do you do them in the microwave? haven't tried that. Tried parmesan once too, they didn't stick as bad but didn't care fro them as much.

Moonpie

I generally just fry mine in a pan LOL quick & easy. I make sure the pan is coated with oil too.

ncbroncos

Sorry for my ignorance but I am a newbie looking for snacks. Are ya'll just cooking cheese and nothing else or am I missing something?? How filling is it because I definitely need some more snack ideas.

jwags

I use the Deluxe American Cheese. I cut it into small squares and put the squares on parchment paper. Don't use waxed paper otherwise they will bond with the wax paper. You can also sprinkle spices on top if you want. I think I nuke them for 1-2 minutes depending on how powerful your microwave is. I would start with the 1 minute and then check. They become crispy, almost like cheese-its. But they burn quickly so watch them. You can also use shredded cheese but that gives more of a lacey cheese cracker. Some people will nuke the whole slice and use it as bread.

jbmacomber

just cheese ncbroncos, check out thread on snack ideas from LLoyd, lots of great ideas.

Thanks everyone for suggestions, will try nuking and also foil for baking.

jbmacomber
I use the Deluxe American Cheese. I cut it into small squares and put the squares on parchment paper. Don't use waxed paper otherwise they will bond with the wax paper. You can also sprinkle spices on top if you want. I think I nuke them for 1-2 minutes depending on how powerful your microwave is. I would start with the 1 minute and then check. They become crispy, almost like cheese-its. But they burn quickly so watch them. You can also use shredded cheese but that gives more of a lacey cheese cracker. Some people will nuke the whole slice and use it as bread.

This worked great, thanks for clearing it up for me:)

ncbroncos

just cheese ncbroncos, check out thread on snack ideas from LLoyd, lots of great ideas.

Thanks everyone for suggestions, will try nuking and also foil for baking.

Thanks...

I will have to try this.

jwags

These are the simplest snacks and they are so good and so low carb. I do make crackers in the oven but I bake them on a silicone liner. My favorite is a recipe from Comfy belly online site. It is called Natcho Cheese Chips

1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese

1 cup almond flour

1/4 t sea salt

1/2 t chili powder

1/4 t chipolte chili powder

3 T of water

1/4 t smoked paprika

1/4 t garlic powder

Blend all ingredients. I do this by hand , add more water if needed to make a dough. I then place a silicone liner on a cookie pan and roll the dough very thin on the pan into a rectangle shape. You want it fairly thin to be crispy. Then I take a pizza cutter and score lines, first I make squares and then I put a diagonal line in each square to make a triangle. I sprinkle more spices or seeds on top and pop in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. Take out and cool, then break your crackers apart on the scored lines. These are so good and so filling. Great for dipping in guacamole.

jbmacomber
These are the simplest snacks and they are so good and so low carb. I do make crackers in the oven but I bake them on a silicone liner. My favorite is a recipe from Comfy belly online site. It is called Natcho Cheese Chips

1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese

1 cup almond flour

1/4 t sea salt

1/2 t chili powder

1/4 t chipolte chili powder

3 T of water

1/4 t smoked paprika

1/4 t garlic powder

Blend all ingredients. I do this by hand , add more water if needed to make a dough. I then place a silicone liner on a cookie pan and roll the dough very thin on the pan into a rectangle shape. You want it fairly thin to be crispy. Then I take a pizza cutter and score lines, first I make squares and then I put a diagonal line in each square to make a triangle. I sprinkle more spices or seeds on top and pop in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. Take out and cool, then break your crackers apart on the scored lines. These are so good and so filling. Great for dipping in guacamole.

They sound great, I will definitly be investing in a silpat liner. I miss crunchy snacks:)

jwags

I was never a sweet eater and never drank soda or sweet drinks before diabetes. But I loved crunchy, crispy things like pretzels, crackers and toast. So I like to find LC recipes that recreate that crispy sensation. I also think sometimes we crave the salty taste too, so I always add sea salt to everything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.