Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaurenJ

20 Week Update!! :) We're having a ...

LaurenJ

GIRL!!! What a shock! I was thinking boy this whole time! Haha. This is the happiest day I've had probably ever. Just wanted to update everyone! As many of you know I'm type 1 going through my second pregnancy after losing first last year at 14 weeks. We went for our 20 week mid-pregnancy ultrasound today, my girl is perfectly healthy, no birth defects or abnormalities!! Placenta is good! She's measuring perfectly on time!! She is moving around like crazy in my tummy and I'm feeling her move more than ever! I am happy beyond belief and I just wanted everyone to know that despite diabetes and bumps along the road associated with it, things could not be going better. Hope you all are doing well! :)

jbmacomber

Congratulations!!! And thanks for updating, I was wondering how everything was going!!!! Enjoy each and everyone of those movements. It's a wonderful time!!

mzteacher

lauren,

congratulations on your fabulous news and update!!!!! enjoy this special time of helping God create a miracle....

wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy filled with many joyous blessings!!!!

and i agree with steph it does keep getting better....my adult daughter is the brightest light of my life..

susan

JennaEllis

Ah big congratulations to you...I'm also 23 weeks pregnant with a girl :) . I have a 15 month girl as well and had type 1 for 24 years so all can be good with diabetes and pregnancy :)

Moonpie

Yay what a wonderful post to read. My dear Dad once gave me a key chain, it reads: "equality of the sexes is a myth, women are superior" He was a great Dad. Wishing you a healthy rest of the pregnancy.

Lizzie G

Oh Lauren!

Nothing could have made me more happy than seeing this; thankyou so much for sharing. I remember about your late loss (well ok, in the grand scheme of things its not really late, but quite unusual) and keep wondering how you are getting on. So pleased that there is a beautiful little soul moving around inside of you; and a girl.

I KNEW my little boy was a little boy and he was, must be weird to get it wrong! But lovely, I think every woman would love a daughter! I hope your pregnancy is a beautiful and wonderful experience; if you worry about anything D wise, throw it out here; it shouldnt be hard, lots of us have been through it without too much stress sugar wise. I know i often come across angry D-wise, but its just because i know it doesnt need to be an issue, and im so bloody-minded that everyone else should feel like that, and feel in control, and not be frightened of the consequences of poor diabetic management in pregnancy because they have made it NOT an issue.

When is your due date? It must be mid-January or thereabouts?

Lots of love xxx

LaurenJ

Aw thank you everyone!! :) My due date is January 25th, I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow. So excited to be over halfway there!

briargate

Keep us updated on your pregnancy. So happy to hear all is well! I have a 24 year old baby girl that I can't imagine life without, All your diligence and sacrifice is well worth it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.