Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bardley

Living with Diabetes Type 2 & Test Results

bardley

...first, let me admit that I am not/not an expert on diabetes. Second, recognizing this I have tried to set test goals for myself that I think are realistic and achievable. Consequently, I have chosen a daily BS level that falls within 80-110 (post 2-hour feeding) and a quarterly A1C of 4-6. My BS is normally between 80-99 and the A1C has remained consistent at 5.7 now for the past two years; and without medication. I talked with a couple doctors about the A1C and asked if I should try and get it lower. Their answer surprised me and according to new test data, there is a link between lower A1Cs (in the 4s) and heart issues. This seems to fly in the face of some data out there but I seem to remember that 6.5 was the minimum high not so long ago so perhaps those of us on the fence are okay'ish. Other data also indicates that a BS of 70-130 is normal and not the 80's that I've seen mentioned before, somewhere.

I don't know that I have any answers but for those of you out there that are working to keep the numbers under control please keep in mind that there appears to be a lot of right answers. Whether right or wrong, I have decided to find my own course and hope that a) my remission will continue, and B) that I'm doing this right while also living life. As many of you know, I use diet, exercise, and weight management to control my Type 2 but I recognize that this won't work for everyone. So, keep at it everyone and I hope that sharing my journey will help others. Nothing is for certain so make everyday count.

P.S. - and what's up with the Pizza advertising on the website? That seems a bit out of place with diabetics.:dontknow:

patricia52

We all have to find what works for us. We all live different lifestyles, have different resources available to us, have different strengths and weaknesses and are genetically different. These factors have a big impact on how we control our Diabetes. The most important thing is we are working to improve the quality of our lives. We learn from each other, try different things, and hopefully have some fun along the way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.