Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbmacomber

5% Club !!!!

jbmacomber

Just had visit with new endo..... A1C5.6!! WooHoo!!! Of course nurse raised her eyebrows and asked if I have been having a lot of lows, nope. Dr. came in and reviewed, said great control:). Then nurse asked if I had ever been on metformin (yes, didn't agree with my stomach). Dr. says, with these numbers you don't need it. Think I like him better than nurse, lol.

jumbo9312
Since I'm "out of the club" until my next test, it's good to hear I've been replaced!!! :T

Nah, you're only on probation til your next test. :D

TeddySue
Just had visit with new endo..... A1C5.6!! WooHoo!!! Of course nurse raised her eyebrows and asked if I have been having a lot of lows, nope. Dr. came in and reviewed, said great control:). Then nurse asked if I had ever been on metformin (yes, didn't agree with my stomach). Dr. says, with these numbers you don't need it. Think I like him better than nurse, lol.

That is SO fantastic! You did GOOD! And as for that nurse: she is my worse nightmare in my fear of the new internist I will be seeing the 20th. You were very blessed to have the Endo back what you've been doing. aaahhh... isn't that a relief? I WANT THAT RELIEF! LOL! HATE the questioning! HATE the raised eyebrows! HATE the second degree! Whew...I'm done.

TS

tipper21

Congrats to you!!!!! Awesome -stupendous!:party:

Catdancer
Since I'm "out of the club" until my next test, it's good to hear I've been replaced!!! :T

Still holding a place for you Peggy, not to worry ;)

Mike M

Big time Kudos! :top:

I hope to join THE Club come Nov. 17th when I do my 3 month anniversary A1c (via Bayer) from my first 12.9 (Lab). Or worst case December with official Lab check.

jbmacomber

Thanks everyone for encouragement!!!! It's great to share with group that really understands what a big deal this is!

PeggyTX I expect you will be back here real quick!!!!

Peggy_TX
It's great to share with group that really understands what a big deal this is!!

I'm sure a non-D friend would be happy for you, but not in the same "we really get it" way that the people on here can be.

I know I'm "right there" on that over/under of 6. And at the moment, I'm over.

I also know how important it is to know you CAN get under 6 -- with the right mix of food, exercise, drugs, whatever -- even though most of our doctors don't think we can.

It's an important #. I don't see my latest # as a "failure" -- but I *DO* know it's a sign I need to work a little harder.

Which means YOUR # is a sign that your been working REALLY REALLY HARD!!! Those #s do not "just happen" -- you MADE it happen!!!!

apollo322

Ok I'm late to this party but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Not a better feeling in the world than reaching that goal for the first time:) Nice job getting there, I know it took a lot of hard work

bardley

...congrats and my own 5.7 has held steady for about 2 years now. As I understand, folks in the 4's are at higher risk of heart issues so I guess that being a 5%'er is good news. Stay with it and look forward to your next opportunity to test.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.