Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaurenJ

29 Week Ultrasound Today! Update & Questions

LaurenJ

Hi ladies! As you know I'm type 1, 29 weeks, and had another scan and visit with my OB today. The baby is measuring at the 60th percentile. She weighs 3 lbs 2 oz. Doctor says her size is really good. She is still very healthy. He said as of now he's not planning on inducing me before my due date. Thought that was a little interesting considering I thought all diabetics were induced 1-2 weeks early regardless. Does it just depend on the doc? Thanks! :)

Steal

It does depend on where you go.

Mine said that she would not induce until the 38th or 39th week, if I had not naturally gone into labor. I ended up starting contractions at 37.5 weeks with my first, and the induction was scheduled after that.

It sounds like your doctor is pleased and I am sure you will continue to discuss this and bring up any questions you might have with your doctor.

JennaEllis

It seems to differ on your doc etc, I'm in uk and most docs insist on delivering at 38 weeks. I'm now 32 weeks pregnant and have c section booked for 5 weeks time!! :)

Kathryn10

I think it depends on the doctor and how your baby is doing. I was scheduled for an induction 5 days before my due date.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.