Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liz32

mothers advise please..fathers too

liz32

Here's my dilema, neighborhood kids often come and play in my yard. I generally like it because then I can keep track of what's going on and I know where my kids are. ( In this day and age you can never be to carefull.) There's two kids (brother and sister) whom I don't want in my yard. They are rude, agressive and don't play well with the others. I have two kids of my own, and watch two others: so generally I just tell them we have enough kids in the yard already. My hubby today mentioned that maybe I should have them over and maybe they'd learn what's a good way to play. I honestly don't want the hassle. I've watched these two kids at the bus stop, and honestly they're out of control. Their mother is there watching but just doesn't seem to care. Also, the boy hit my daughter in the head for two weeks strait on the bus in primary. I guess, I wonder if I'm holding a grudge against them or if it's just ok not to allow certain kids in your yard. It's not really the kids fault that their parents haven't taught them good manners and I don't want them to be hurt but I'm already busy with four kids. How would you guys handle this? Thanks

Penny

I have been in your situation. I take care of my 10 year old granddaughter, who has several friends in my neighborhood, most of them are welcome in my house and yard. One little girl, who is really too old to be playing with Emily and her friends, is rude and disrespectful to me, and I caught her taking some of my things. I am a softy, thought I could talk to this girl and explain what behavior I expected from anyone in my home. It didn't work, she contined to be rude and question me when I made rules for my home. I finally talked to her mother and found out where the kid got her attitude problem. The mother told me I was just old and that her child was not rude, and she just wanted to see the things she took from my dresser. I never have problems with any of the other children, so I just told this girl she was allowed to play out front, if all the kids were playing out there, but not in the house or yard. Her mother stormed over to my house, yelling and accused me of picking on her child. I just told her I was already dealing with too many problems, and I just didn't need another. At this point, she accused me of being unchristian. I just smiled and told her I was sorry she felt this way. The girl has been in trouble at school and has no friends, I feel sorry for her, but figure I made an effort to be kind, and it was all I could do.

sydneya

Penny gives good advise. Your yard is yours. Your home should be for the sanctity of your family. If anyone is out of control in your home, you have a right to explain that those are things you don't do in your home. If that doesn't matter to the child, you have every right and for that matter responsibility to the other children, to ask them to leave. It may seem hard nose, but in the end it benefits everyone. My home is where I teach my children. I don't want them to learn from others rude behavior.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.