Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShellsBells

Don't quite believeit

ShellsBells

After a lot more fiddling about my ratios have changed a couple of times in the last week but to no avail!!!

I am still getting readings of 246 (13.7mmol) from after breakfast until after my dinner. I'm under strict insructions only to correct at mealtimes, and I don't want to seem like I know better, but how is this helping??

I am starting to think that I could be facing a big heartache and a lot of regret if i keep doing as i am told and not what i know is best for my little 8 week old bump x I just worry that if i choose to make my own rules, my healthcare people may not be so hapy to treat me when I really do need their help and advise :mad: **** the NHS!!

ShellsBells

OMG I am so pleased.

Just had an email from my nurse to tell me to get my bottom down to hospital tomorrow at 09:30 to start using my pump :D xx

I've never even seen one before (Not common in England) so I'm guessing it could be a long day.

So pleased, especially after my last post.

What great news to get on the 1st day of my 2nd month of pregnancy xxxxxx

Kathryn10

That's great! Good luck with the pump! Definitely stick around and read some of the threads on here about pumping. You may also want to check out the book "Pumping Insulin" by John? Walsh. It's very informative.

ShellsBells
That's great! Good luck with the pump! Definitely stick around and read some of the threads on here about pumping. You may also want to check out the book "Pumping Insulin" by John? Walsh. It's very informative.

Thanks. I will do some reading on here tonight xxx

ShellsBells

Well 1st night with my pump was a disaster but this was due to it not delivering after a kink!!

All going well now with the pump, and thanks Kathryn, I bought that book which is helping a lot.

I'm afraid however that my pregnancy did not progress after the 6th week. I should be 8+2 but an unscheduled scan which was meant to reassure me confirmed the worst.

I am devasted, and grieving, but I'll take the positives from this when i am able to.

Hopefully i will be back here someday, but please spare a thought for my little one:

An angel from the book of life, wrote down my baby's birth, And whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for Earth"

Kathryn10

ShellsBells, I am so, so sorry for your loss. Good luck with adjusting to your pump and I hope to see you back on here someday.

Libbs

The best way I've found to counter the lows of first trimester (I'm 11weeks now, second baby, A1C 6.1) is to eat every two-three hours and never very much. So, breakfast only about 30g carbs, snack 15g, lunch 60g, snack 15g, early dinner 60g, snack 15g, and snack right before bed of 15g. It isn't the most satisfying way to eat in the sense that dinner always is bigger than what I'm able to eat. But the lows have basically gone away and I avoid the crazy boluses of big meals. Sometimes, I make my before dinner snack a mug of ice cream which is probably a little more than 15g, but is emotionally important to me. And my best snack tip is that a Larabar is amost exactly 15g.

kmcd23
Well 1st night with my pump was a disaster but this was due to it not delivering after a kink!!

All going well now with the pump, and thanks Kathryn, I bought that book which is helping a lot.

I'm afraid however that my pregnancy did not progress after the 6th week. I should be 8+2 but an unscheduled scan which was meant to reassure me confirmed the worst.

I am devasted, and grieving, but I'll take the positives from this when i am able to.

Hopefully i will be back here someday, but please spare a thought for my little one:

An angel from the book of life, wrote down my baby's birth, And whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for Earth"

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no words of comfort, but I hope your heart heals.

ShellsBells
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no words of comfort, but I hope your heart heals.

Thanks my dear x sometime in my life this experience will make me stronger, better or of help to others x not just yet though xx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.