Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2high

Going to be Trying

2high

We're going to start TTC in about 5 months... any hints, d-wise? Apart from keep sugars in control as much as possible...

Kathryn10

Very exciting!! I am 7 weeks along right now with my second baby. I was expecting it to take a while to get pregnant, so we started trying a little earlier than I was comfortable with. I got pregnant after what seemed like the first time trying. Before we started trying, I got my blood sugars under good control (a1c in the mid to high 5's), stopped drinking Diet Coke (I honestly think that makes a big difference), cut down on the coffee to one cup per day ... I've also been eating a paleo/low carb diet with a little dairy and have been doing Crossfit 3 times per week. Good luck! And I agree w/Nancy, don't try! lol. It sometimes takes the fun out of it :)

christypetty7

I am a type 1 Ive had it for 9 yrs. I am now 29 yrs old. Two yrs ago i had my son, he'll be 3 in June. We started trying right after he had turned 2. Its been nine months and still no luck. My A1C is good 6.7. I have a regular 28 day cycle. I'm not sure if my age and the fact that I'm a type 1 are contributing factors for why I haven't yet conceived or not. I'm not quite ready to go to a fertillity clinic. Anyone else been in this situation?

meryl034

I am also going to be "trying" in about 5 months- right now I am just trying to get my A1C down but I have been doing a lot of research and it seems like it is a full time job monitoring with the pump and the CGM. I teach preschool students with disabilities which can be demanding at times. Has anyone had any issues with work and trying to keep their sugars normal during pregnancy? As it is right now it is really hard to deal with lows when I am teaching.

Kathryn10

I work in property management and am 17 weeks pregnant now. I haven't had any issues controlling my bgs at work so far. Teaching is a little different because of the constant attention you need to provide to the children, but taking less than a minute out here and there to check your bg shouldn't be too much of an issue right? Especially if you have an assistant or someone else in the classroom who is supervising.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.