Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Lee-B

Big baby!

-Lee-B

We had an ultrasound today. At the last one (21weeks5days) she was measuring a tad big at 1pound1ounce, they said she was about 80th percentile then and it may just be because my husband and I are both tall.

Today, at 27weeks5days she is 3pounds9ounces!!!!

I was shocked...I expected her to be a bit big, but in my mind that would be like 2pounds5ounces!

They said she is now at 97th percentile!!!

I know there is a large margin of error, the doctor said even between ultrasounds their is a level of error based on how they measure, baby's position etc.

I just wasn't ready for baby to be almost 4pounds!! She is measuring like 4 weeks ahead now!

I also have this tiny worry that she will be like her father and will be born at 34 weeks, at 6pounds 5ounces fully developed and wanting to get on with life already! I've decided to have everything ready to go by 34 weeks so we are not caught off guard!

My husband and I are both tall and skinny so it seems unusual to be giving birth to a BIG baby! Not that we will care by any means...just came as a surprise today! We go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound!

mom24grlz

your doctor is right ultrasound weights can be off. With Ashleigh they told me one week before her birth that she was already 9 pounds. When she was born, she weighed 7lbs 14oz. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. Praying you give birth to a healthy baby.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.