Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liz32

celiac disease..questions please

liz32

Do any of you have celiacs or kis with celiacs. My daughter has suffered from a chromic sore stumach since she was about 2. She has reflux that won't seem to go away and so they are testing her for celiacs...she has other symptoms which we aren't sure what to make of it. From what I've read about celiacs there can be a wide range of symptoms or not very many. I'd like to know what made you suspicious that it was celiacs. I'm hoping that it isn't celiacs but something simpler but either way I'd just like her not to be in pain all the time. I'd love any information possible. She goes for blood work tommorro. If it's positive they'll do a 2nd round of blood work, if it's positive as well, then they'll do a biopsy. This is all a little overwhelming. I'm still working out all the kinks of diabetes.:confused:

HeatherP

Hi Liz, I hope your daughter doesn't have Celiac but I guess if she does then if you know it at least you can treat it and deal with it. Here are a couple of links that you will hopefully find helpful;

http://www.celiac.org/cd-main.php

http://www.celiac.com/st_main.html

I went thru the endoscopic biopsy last year and it was a piece of cake, so try not to worry too much.

Lorna

I am not a ceoliac, but have worked with children who suffered from both conditions. Some good news and bad:

Bad- ceoliacs disease is more common in diabetics.

Good- There is a wide range of gluten free products available which is growing all the time, even most restaurants now have gluten free options.

I remember being told by a teenager that her main symptom was feeling bloated.

All the best in finding out what is wrong and solving the problem.

Lorna

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.