Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MCS

20 minute Peanut Butter Cookies

MCS

Tried a new recipe tonight for peanut butter cookies, fast and easy.

1 cup unsalted, dry roasted peanuts

1/4 cup erythritol

1/4 cup Splenda

1/2 stick butter

Pinch of salt

1 egg white

Process the nuts in a food processor until fine, add the sweeteners, pulse, add the egg and butter, pulse until smooth. I baked dropped spoonfuls on parchment paper at 400 for about 12 minutes.

Trick is when these come out of the oven they are very soft, when cooled they will harden up, wonderful for those that can eat some peanuts.

Instead of butter I think the next batch I will make with Coconut Oil and add a few pieces of bakers chocolate, maybe even some walnut pieces.

pat593

Tell me a little about the rationale for cutting your Met. I have lost 56 pounds since finding out I was a diabetic and now weigh in the 120's. I would like to cut my dosage in half but my dr says don't mess with it since it is obviously working. I still feel very dizzy in the morning as my body readjusts to its new lower BS levels.

My question is - how long should you wait if your A1c levels are trending down to the non diabetic level before playing with a lower dosage of Met?

Very new to all this, always get a sign off from my doctor before doing anything, but find I have to research options before discussing anything with him.

MCS

Pat, pretty sure you wrote this in the wrong forum. But I can tell you I'm pretty independent in my own care. If I wanted off MET I would do what it took toget of MET, with or with out my DOCs approval. Its your life, your disease, your decisions, not your Docs.

I remade these cookies for daughter last weekend. I double the recipe and added about 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts and 1 square of unsweetened Bakers Chocolate chopped up. They were extremely good.

Tell me a little about the rationale for cutting your Met. I have lost 56 pounds since finding out I was a diabetic and now weigh in the 120's. I would like to cut my dosage in half but my dr says don't mess with it since it is obviously working. I still feel very dizzy in the morning as my body readjusts to its new lower BS levels.

My question is - how long should you wait if your A1c levels are trending down to the non diabetic level before playing with a lower dosage of Met?

Very new to all this, always get a sign off from my doctor before doing anything, but find I have to research options before discussing anything with him.

Malanga111
Tried a new recipe tonight for peanut butter cookies, fast and easy.

1 cup unsalted, dry roasted peanuts

1/4 cup erythritol

1/4 cup Splenda

1/2 stick butter

Pinch of salt

1 egg white

Process the nuts in a food processor until fine, add the sweeteners, pulse, add the egg and butter, pulse until smooth. I baked dropped spoonfuls on parchment paper at 400 for about 12 minutes.

Trick is when these come out of the oven they are very soft, when cooled they will harden up, wonderful for those that can eat some peanuts.

Instead of butter I think the next batch I will make with Coconut Oil and add a few pieces of bakers chocolate, maybe even some walnut pieces.

It's a good recipe for the peanut butter cookies.

I like your this peanut butter cookies recipe and I will try this recipe at this weekend.

Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.