Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mes2518

U/S Question

mes2518

Hi All, I'm new to this Forum and wanted to get some advice. I'm really glad I found this!!! I went into the doctor yesterday for my regular U/S check up. I'm a type 1 and my A1c is 5.5. The doc said the baby is about 4-5 days behind in size, everything else looks great though. I asked how much she weighed and she said 1 pound 2 ounces, I felt like that was spot on for 23 weeks pregnant which i'm 23w3d. I wanted to get insight from others that were told there babies were small. I was really concerned because she kept saying your a diabetic this is not usually what we see? it made me worried but she said everything is all good and my blood sugars look great, we would stick wtih teh same due date. Has anyone had anything simliar they can relate to? Why would the baby be smaller?

MBlack

I have never been pregnant but I'll just take a wild guess that your doc is trying to tell you since you are in such great control, your baby is normal!

The fact that large babies requiring cesarian are typical for diabetics doesn't mean having that pretty major surgery is desirable.

Be happy!

kmcd23

My last A1C was 5.0, and at 23 weeks (maybe 24), my son was measuring in the 40-something percentile, 3 days behind, and about 1lb 3oz. The doc said that everything looked like a 'normal' pregnancy, and he attributed it to my tight control. Hope that helps ease your mind! :)

Steal

I have two little girls and kept my A1C in the low 5's during my pregnancies. My girls were always in the middle of the percentiles, but I had numerous times of being told that based on the measurements, I had a different due date. It always went back and forth and I was told that unless it was over a week, they wouldn't bother to change my official date. It sounds like you have been doing everything right and I hope your little one joins you with ease.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.