Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aayala1985

Just found out I'm pregnant.

Aayala1985

Hi, i am 27 years old and have had diabetes fir sometime now, so today I just found out I'm pregnant, I took a home pregnancy test and its positive. I'm just really scared because I am type 2 diabetic and I haven't been taking care of myself lately. I haven't been to the doctor in months, but I am still on my meds. I am going to change my eating habits drastically. I'm just so anxious to see a doctor and I just really want to be healthy and have a healthy baby. I'm just really scared cause I don't know how far a long I am. I am so happy and excited because I never thought I can become pregnant, but as much as I'm happy I'm just. Scared. Someone please give me a piece of mind.

jillybean

I got pregnant when I was 29, and I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant again (I'm 30). My son is now 11 months old and is perfect and healthy. I highly recommend you get your diet under control. For me, that meant avoiding pretty much all grains, potatoes, corn, and most fruit. I was not on any meds at the time, so be sure to work with your doctor about what you can/can't take while pregnant and adjusting dosages if necessary.

And congratulations!!

Kathryn10

Congratulations ladies!!

Jillybean's advice is great. You can't do anything about what already happened in the past, so just get your numbers under control and start seeing a doctor.

k_dub

Congratulations Aayala and Jill!

Aayala, Jill gave some great advice.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here and a great support system. Please come back to visit.

Hooterville

Congratulations Aayala. :)

It's been a very long time for me. My twins just turned 22 last week but I had gestational D at the time and, while I managed to keep my BG under control with diet and exercise, I do recall that (at that time) oral meds were not an option during pregnancy. Had I needed help to manage my BG, it would have been with insulin injections. Again, my experience is 22 years old but I'd encourage you to contact your doctor immediately about any medications you may be taking now to make sure they are safe during pregnancy.

Congratulations Jill!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.