Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony

Website with low-carbohydrate recipes

Tony

This thread is for links to your favorite websites offering low carbohydrate recipes. Due to copyright laws please do not post entire recipes unless you have explicit permission from the author.

Thank you

jwags
Seagal
Seagal

I subscribe to Jimmy Moore's blog and in my emails was a whole slew of low carb and paleo sites. One of them is from a young (17 yrs)man who has a passion for healthy eating and food preparation. He became interested in changing his life because of being teased about his weight....he lost 100 pounds. I think his story is an inspiration and thought some of you might like his website.

Slim Palate

stinastina
stinastina
This is great, thanks!

Did the doc give you your numbers yet?

Not yet and I called him on Friday ! I hope he calls me Monday.

macksvicky

Thank you all for the links to all the great sites for lchf recipes...The Paleo diet is not focused on the fat very much..maybe it's time to up my weight loss game and I have found a lot of yummy looking recipes. Wow..once again I can can say, I am so glad I found the Diabetes Forums website :D

jwags

There is a Facebook group I joined called the Low Carb Keto Recipe group. It is a group of LC bloggers with fantastic recipes. Just looking at the pictures makes me hungry.

macksvicky

Thanks, I'll have to look into that! I headed straight to the store last night...bought some butter, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream and quite a bit of cheeses, even found some "crisps" that are made up of ....you guessed it.....cheese! Last night's dinner consisted of cheese, low carb nut crackers, cheese crackers and some almond butter!!! Hubby kept giving me "the look" when he saw all the goodies I bought, but every time he looked over at me I just held up my laughing cow and grinned at him :lol: hahaha  oh and the best part is I lost 2-1/2 pounds...finally, I was starting to think my scales were broke...nope, just my diet! And I owe it all to you guys :D

Kit

You can find cheese crisps in the store?  I don't know if I should be jealous or happy I haven't found any.

I make them in the microwave and I have to make them in extremely small batches because they're so addictive that I just can't stop eating them.  :)

macksvicky

I found them at the Wallyworld in the section of upper end cheeses and brie, I just happened to look up on the top of the case (look away from the wheat crackers) they are made by Kitchen Table Bakers, Aged Parmesan Crisps. They were $4.98 per container and there are about 20 of them in there. 

usernamenull

It probably goes without saying but always check the carb counts in recipes that are new to you. I admit I am a Pinterest junkie and some of the stuff they try to pass off there for low carb is ridiculous! There's the obvious use of cups of flour and sugars that are red flags but I have noticed several sites that are posted above where I know the counts are way off on what are low carb recipes! It's very frustrating to make something and then when inputting numbers realize I can't eat it or can have 1/8 cup of something. 

Seagal

A lot of times I will run a recipe through an analyzer to double check the macro-nutrients.  You make a good point as far as portion size.  I'm not going to spend my time making something if I can only have a tablespoon or so :)

Most of my recipes in my binder/archives are tried & true and don't affect my b.g., so until they do (and that can happen) I'm pretty happy.

I made an almond joy pie over Christmas and it was the first time in 11 years I have had s.f. chocolate pudding (mainly because of modified food starch or other additives), but it was a wonderful pie and did not give me a spike.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.