Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

megwat0913

5 weeks, question about blood sugars? Help!

megwat0913

Hi ladies!!

I am a type 1 diabetic and I am 5 weeks along now...I have seen my endocrinologist and have an appointment with my OB on Monday, but I was just wondering if any of you other type 1 preggies are having the same issues as me? My endo made some adjustments to my pump last week and my sugars are running much better, but every once in a while I discover a food that just does not agree with my blood sugar while I am pregnant, where before that food wasnt an issue for me. I know I will have to make more adjustments throughout my pregnancy, but when my blood sugar goes up it really frustrates me! Please tell me I am not the only one having this issue! Its so hard to keep it perfect right now with all the changes my body is going through!

Kathryn10

Congrats on your pregnancy! I don't think I've had any issues with foods that were normally easy on my bgs becoming more difficult since I've been pregnant, but I can definitely understand your concern. I think stressing out about your bgs does more harm than good, so if you're running high just relax, give yourself some insulin, and give it some time to come down before you eat again. Try to stick with foods whose effects are reliable on your bgs and try not to stress too much! It's hard because you want to give your growing baby the most perfect environment possible. It's definitely not easy controlling your bgs through pregnancy, but it's sooo worth it in the end :)

Steal

I had foods that I was always sensitive to and became more sensitive while pregnant. This didn't occur so much in the first trimester, but everyone is different. There are so many hormone surges that who knows why blood sugars take on a life of their own. The important thing is just testing all the time and staying on top of it. You are not alone. Congratulations!

Hannah.sniderm

Hi i'm 6 weeks and I'm having the same problem. I first notices it with soup! The packet said 15g of carbs but it made my bs go up to 15!! So it's a bit worrying that I may not have control of everything I eat :s

tktanthony

Hi, I'm also a t1 and 6 weeks preggies. I noticed that I need to take almost double the dose no matter the food. I eat pretty healthy and often eat just veggies for dinner. I noticed I now have to take 3-4 units of insulin when I eat veggies. I used to be able to eat all the veggies I wanted without taking any insulin... Crazy... (Minus potatoes of course which I stay far away from)

Anyone know anything about synthetic sugar? I love my decaf latte in the morning with sugar free caramel. Today it just dawned on me that has artificial sugar in it...

I myself am freaking out a little...and then a lot. From what I can gather on these forums, it is pretty normal for T1s to freak out about everything we put in our mouth. I take comfort in the fact that I am not the only one :-). Good luck to Everyone and congratulations. If you are six weeks this week your shrimp (That's what I call my little bumb) is the size of a lentil :-)

kiranchandra

The important thing is just testing all the time and staying on top of it. You are not alone. Congratulations!

Agreed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.