Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jazzatakavak

PCOS and type one diabetes in pregnancy

jazzatakavak

Hi everyone,

I am 29 and have been diabetic for 20 years an have been on a pump for 8 years. My husband and I are trying now but on friday my Endo discussed with my that I may have polycystic ovaries. My cycle is coming anywhere between 27-40 days which is obviously making it difficult to figure out when ovulation is occuring. My Endo is considering trying me on Metformin but he has never put someone on an insulin pump on metformin too. Does anyone have any experience with any of this? I would love to hear if you used Metformin and it worked well for you or if you had polycystic ovaries, did you take anything else? I am also taking thyroxine but am otherwise pretty healthy with a good HbA1C.

Thanks,

Deborah.

tabathadolley

I am Type 2 on insulin and metformin.. So my experience will be different. Metformin helps with my insulin resistance in that I need to take less, and with PCOS I've read that is a good thing. So you may have to adjust your insulin if you have any insulin resistance and start on metformin. I'm also trying to conceive, so I wanted to wish you luck :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.