Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Java

don't worry ~ i got this

Java

aww thanks dahlings!

:D

yes, yes, OUTSIDE the box - i had to start or else go nuts

wait.........i'm already nuts

lol

p.s today i had the same brekkie, but i put the cheese on the sausage before taking it out of the pan and put a lid on it for a min or so - the cheese got all melty and delish!! that's the way to go, yo!

MsMarginalized
...MEAT as the whole thang! hey, it worked so i won't knock it

Once I was diagnosed with the Celiac disease I went to McDonalds & made up my own breakfast sandwich: 2 hash brown patties with the egg, sausage & cheese on the innerds....BOY WAS THAT GOOD!

Of course now that I've got D I can't really do THAT anymore :(

Hooterville

I had to break out my own stash and take a pic when I saw your stash the other day.

I haven't tried the two on top yet. They were panic moment purchases when my store was out of my usual. :eek:

post-43308-139628783027_thumb.jpg

Hooterville

I should stick with the Lindt 90% because I don't eat as much but I'm kind of ODing a bit on Ghiradelli 86% lately. :cool:

Java

well those d@mn beans didn't soften to my liking so i didn't add them - we instead used the chili mix as taco filling and put it in low carb tortillas with cheese & sour cream - they were hella good!! those chipoltles in the adobo sauce really add a nice depth of flavor - and i only used 1.5 TBsp of the chili pwder - using the 3 TBsp that the recipe called for would have been to spicy for us

friday night we went out to ruby tuesday's for dinner and i had the petite sirloin & coconut crusted shrimp (3 of them) with grilled zuchinni and sauteed mushrooms - OMG that is soooooooooo gooooooood!! resisted the urge to eat any of the lil biscuits they bring out - instead i just breathed in the smell and let that be enough :)

BUT my friggin weight was up .3 the next morning - then yesterday i had two of the low carb torillas with that chili mixture and my weight was up another .4 - grrrrr!! so today i will little to no grains and see if that helps

this is a learning experience and i'ma DO THIS THANG, ya know?

Java

i bought the lily's dark choc bar with coconut & also the one with almonds - coconut was just ok but i won't buy it again - am liking the almond one - yummmmmmy

Hooterville
Has anyone discovered the dark chocolate cream cheese spread?

Discovered? I just went on a google search for nutrition info. I found this product on a Kraft Philly Cream Cheese page and looked high and low for nutrition info. I gave up and went to Kraft's page and could only find more basic cream cheeses there, not this "indulgences" line of products. I gave up and just googled and found these pics of the label:

post-43308-13962878304_thumb.png

post-43308-139628783042_thumb.png

It's not something that would work for me. 12 carbs in 2 Tablespoons plus I'd rather stick with simpler ingredients. 12 carbs would exceed my limit for an entire meal. I'd also be at risk for eating the whole container and certainly for not stopping at 2 Tablespoons.

1 ounce of regular cream cheese (1/8th of the large brick) is 2 carbs. I would call that D friendly.

Maybe it's my searching skills or lack thereof but why is Kraft making it so difficult for me to find info on their products on-line? I've looked up numerous products on-line before and don't recall reaching the level of dead ends that I came across on the Kraft site.

JanetP

Thanks for all the work. I caught a glimpse of it in the grocery store the other day (Himself was in a rush and I couldn't stop to read labels) and I was curious as to what a more experienced DFer thought.

Hooterville

lol, my thoughts are, read labels, look stuff up and if it looks to good to be true, chances are, it is. The more whole, simple, and unprocessed the food, the better the chances are that it's good for you. :)

More packaging, fancier packaging, pretty labels, fancy containers, more processing, tampering, advertising, usually mean higher carb, hydrogenated oils, etc., and less healthy. Add the words, diabetic (friendly), low GI, low fat, non fat, low calorie, whole grain, heart healthy, and you may want to run. :T

Java

used carbquick mix to make pizza dough tonight - hubs, teenager and i thought it was pretty good - 3 yr old didn't like it and he LOVES pizza! ahhahahhaha!

i was 108 before eating it - had two slices - now waiting an hour to test BG and see what it does - if it doesn't spike me, then i'd eat it every once in a while - i also added italian seas & garlic to the dough

obviously need to make more dough next time - lol

and for our feathered friends, i made them more suet today :)

Java

okay - here's the rundown of the pizza:

108 before i had two slices

1 hr pp = 110

2 hr pp = 90

so BG wise it was acceptable - flavor was acceptable, however, my stomach was very distended the rest of the night - very uncomfortable - was NOT worth it and will not eat it again in that form - i have had a waffle using this same mix but it didn't have that affect on me - still feel like it is a big balloon in my stomach - yuck!!

and here are a couple pics of the lil guy from last night wearing his spongebob hat :)

hahahha - he's such a mess!

Java

hehehehe - thx!! :)

i am excited to report that i've just ordered these two goodies- bringing me closer to healthier food options for my fam & i:

Amazon.com: Cuisinart ICE-21R Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, Red: Kitchen & Dining

and this

Amazon.com: Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable: Kitchen & Dining

and gonna go buy some organic whole milk today and use some of my whole plain fage to make a new batch of yogie based on the instructions in this thread:

http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/dieting-and-nutrition-diabetes/69748-full-fat-yogurt-high-2.html#post808586

!!!

mjrc64

We have the ice cream maker. It is pretty good. Best if you have a really cold freezer, like sub zero, but it still works for us. I got it due to peanut and tree nut allergies in my daughter. Hard to find ice cream that is not on shared lines. So, I tend to use it for kids stuff, not diabetic friendly stuff. I think you will have fun with it!

I am contemplating that spiral slicer....

Java

aw well thank you miss hoot!

your friendly neighborhood javagurrl is rockin & rollin with this D thang - aint no thang but a chicken wang, right? ;)

so, was at walmart for THREE hours today - on a quest to rid my fam from wheat as much as i can and as much as they will allow me to - so i was read read readin labels and bought a number of things that i hope they will like and not even notice it aint wheat - that cursed devil! hahahaha

we'll see how it goes

Peggy_TX

So.... I bought a "high end" spiral slicer about a year ago. I turned a whole pile of lovely vegetables into unpleasantly cut pieces of veggie. I could see what they were SUPPOSED to be, but I wasn't achieving it.

It made me feel like an idiot.

And I cut my finger.

And then it made me feel guilty for having bought it and NOT using it, so it got moved into a cabinet..... somewhere.

PLEASE post simple instructions and pretty pictures once you get yours working?!?! I REALLY want to make use of this thing!!!

Hooterville
So.... I bought a "high end" spiral slicer about a year ago. I turned a whole pile of lovely vegetables into unpleasantly cut pieces of veggie. I could see what they were SUPPOSED to be, but I wasn't achieving it.

It made me feel like an idiot.

And I cut my finger.

And then it made me feel guilty for having bought it and NOT using it, so it got moved into a cabinet..... somewhere.

PLEASE post simple instructions and pretty pictures once you get yours working?!?! I REALLY want to make use of this thing!!!

It looks like Angie got the same "low end" slicer that I have. Easy peasy, lol. Maybe "high end" is the problem. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.