Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Java

don't worry ~ i got this

Peggy_TX
It looks like Angie got the same "low end" slicer that I have. Easy peasy, lol. Maybe "high end" is the problem. :D

Mine looks REALLY similar -- I just paid a lot more!!!

I would love to blame the machine.... but I really think I'm just "slicer-impaired" ................

Hooterville
Mine looks REALLY similar -- I just paid a lot more!!!

I would love to blame the machine.... but I really think I'm just "slicer-impaired" ................

You want to center the veggie as best as you can and the straighter the veggie the better.

Java

tonight's dinner - eggplant parm with meaty sauce & cheese - OMG this was soooooo goooooooood

sauce:

fried eggplant - used almond flour and olive oil:

mix together in big skillet & add cheeeese:

i used motz, 6 cheese ital blend and this parm:

NOM NOM NOMNOM NOM

Java

finished 'wheat belly' this evening and in my quest for feeding the fam wheat free am giddy about the tons of recipes here on this celiac site - now if they LIKE what i'm gonna make them from here then WOWSERS! score for the javagurrl!

Gluten-Free Recipes - Celiac.com

spelt - in the wheat fam - you think it has the same effects as straight wheat?

Java

just ordered some RAW nuts and seeds and i may be headed in the direction of replacing my 'soy slender' milk (sweetened with sucralose) with an unsweetened something or other and then adding stevia to it

ordered tea from 'the republic of tea' - white ginger peach (haven't tried this one yet) and currently sipping on iced milk oolong - not bad :)

and for dinner tonight:

RecipeSource: Crab Bisque

with large fried shrimp (battered in almond flour, of course)

should i start a blog instead of posting in this thread? don't wanna be drivin y'all nuts TOO much, ya know ;)

Peggy_TX
should i start a blog instead of posting in this thread? don't wanna be drivin y'all nuts TOO much, ya know ;)

It's a daily reminder of my inadequacy.... but I'm ok with that

carry on

;-)

Java

bisque is done - i used 1/2 TBsp of the guar gum and it is very thick but a little on the 'slick' side - this was my first time using it - i used a whole 16oz can of crab meat

got the shrimp thawed, peeled and de-pooped the ones that weren't clean enough - i have no intention of eating shrimp poo poo if i can at all avoid it

*gags*

JanetP
just ordered some RAW nuts and seeds and i may be headed in the direction of replacing my 'soy slender' milk (sweetened with sucralose) with an unsweetened something or other and then adding stevia to it

try unsweetened almond milk. Deeee-lish!

Java

psst.....i made yogurt today :)

my first time everrrrrr - hoping it will taste good

what i used:

as per what some of y'all said here along with what i read online - i used 8 cups of the milk and 1 cup of the yogurt - i heated the milk to 185 degrees then cooled it to 115 - added the yogurt and stirred it up well - put it into the oven which i had warmed and wrapped it in a towel - turned oven off but left light on - it stayed there undisturbed for 8.5 hrs :

when i uncovered it - smelled like cheesecake:

after three stirs around the pot with a spoon:

well stirred, transferred to another dish & ready to go into fridge overnight:

tomorrow i will put it into cheesecloth and strain it for a few hours

:D

Java

strained the yogie and had some for brekkie - it was very mild & delicate tasting

now i'm making this cheesecake:

Delicious Low Carb Recipes: Cheesecake with Coconut-Pecan Crust

will cook it at diff temp tho - 375 for 10 mins then will turn it down to 200 for an hour

will sprinkle stevia on a bag of frozen sliced strawberries & set out to thaw

here's the crust - and oopsy i forgot to add sweetener to it - it smells soooo gooood tho as is:

Java

here's the filling - yeah yeah i know it has lil pieces of the cream cheese that didn't whip out - it's all good tho, it doesn't change the flavvvaaa ;)

Hooterville

Mmmmm... and who cares about lumps? I made a flourless dark chocolate cake twice. No matter how careful I was, I could not get the butter completely blended and ended up with tiny little flecks of unblended butter in the cake. Oh well.

MsMarginalized

I was watching this tv show-something like New Scandinavian Cooking (the host is CUTE & his accent is HOT!) and he made cheese with homemade yogurt! (& He was funny in making the yogurt...."you need yogurt starter...which is just yogurt". Andreas Veistad is cuties name & here's a link given during the show:

New Scandinavian Cooking | Welcome to culinary Scandinavia

I couldn't find that cheese recipe but they do all KINDS of good cooking stuff over there.

---end thread drift---

Java

here's the finished cheesecake - my prettiest one yet with NO cracking! yay!

the 1/2 slice i had mid morning today with my coffee:

had a whole slice last night - i was 80 before i ate it and an hour later i was 82

:D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.