Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

don't worry ~ i got this

Java

workin on the ricotta gnocchi - waitin for the water to boil so i can drop the first one in and see if it holds up properly:

i only added 1/2 tsp of garlic pwdr to it - no sage:

first lil one - rolled in oat flour:

Java

*drum roll please*

............SUCCESS!! it held up great - simmered it for 5 mins - tastes good too - will go GREAT with the alfredo sauce i'm gonna make

:D

Java

alfredo sauce - you let it simmer for half an hour and it reduces & thickens:

makin MCS' choc chip cookies for the first time - the dough tastes good, however i am not a fan of the erythritol so next time i may use all splenda or a mix of splenda/stevia - i was concerned as it seemed dry but as the cold butter whipped in, it did just fine - they are cooking now:

Java

alright - cookies are pretty good - teenager likes em too - hubs and lil guy aren't home yet, so we'll see what they think when they get home - they cooked a lil brown on the edges so i cooked them at 350 for 10 mins then 325 for another 10

the gnocchi is very delicate - it is wanting to fall apart in the alfredo sauce but that's no biggie - however, the texture is squishy ( well duh, it's cheese) so i don't know how much of it i can actually eat - prob not much cause i'll be weirded out by the texture - oy!!

i have eaten THREE of the cookies so far!!

*gasps*

and my kitchen looks like a certified DISASTER area!! gonna take me a while to clean this all up - lol

tipper21
alright - cookies are pretty good - teenager likes em too - hubs and lil guy aren't home yet, so we'll see what they think when they get home - they cooked a lil brown on the edges so i cooked them at 350 for 10 mins then 325 for another 10

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6647[/ATTACH]

the gnocchi is very delicate - it is wanting to fall apart in the alfredo sauce but that's no biggie - however, the texture is squishy ( well duh, it's cheese) so i don't know how much of it i can actually eat - prob not much cause i'll be weirded out by the texture - oy!!

i have eaten THREE of the cookies so far!!

*gasps*

and my kitchen looks like a certified DISASTER area!! gonna take me a while to clean this all up - lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6648[/ATTACH]

Lol looks like you cook like I cook.....I make one heck of a mess!

Java

LOL!

hubs raved about the alfredo gnocchi - so yay! i couldn't eat it though - the texture drove me batty!!

i ate a bunch of cookies instead :P

an hour later i was 103

kitchen is CLEAN again - yay

Java

so i made another pumpkin pie yesterday - yummy, right?

well i never tested my BG last week when i ate it - just *assumed* i'd be okay with it based on the ingredients & net carbs - well..............tested yesterday and i spiked 37 pts - went from 94 to 131 one hr later - then to 110 2 hrs later - but i did have a TON of sf cool whip on top so i don't know if it was the pie or the cool whip that was the culprit - guess it could've been a combo of both

so of course today i will test again but only have a teensy spoonful of the cool whip (yeah, i'd rather it be the reddi whip but cool whip is all i have in the house right now)

i'm also gonna make another cheesecake today - THAT i'm good with - no bad spikes from it

mjrc64

OMG, you make me so hungry! I cannot have so much yummy stuff around, or I eat too much, even if my BG is fine. I make the same sort of mess, lol.

I love your kitchen.

Java

thx michele!

i did a test with the pie this morning - had a regular size slice but only a small spoonful of cool whip - before i ate it i was 107 (coffee pushed me from my 92 morning fasting reading to this number) and 1 hr later i am 116

whew! good to know it was most likely NOT my pie, but the cool whip that spiked me so bad yesterday

Hooterville

Pssst, whip up some heavy whipping cream for that pie. Whip it, whip it good, lol.

Java

today i am making strawberry ice cream - it is chillin in the fridge ATM and soon i'll pour it into the ice cream maker and voila! yumminess (i hope)

also am making the zucchini 'pasta' again tonight - the sauce is cooked up and in the crock pot keepin warm - there was A LOTTTTT of liquid from the 'chini last time so this time i spread my 'noodles' onto cookie sheets lined with paper towels and salted them good - then i've tried to 'dry' or sop up as much WET as i can out of them and instead of steaming them i'm gonna kinda dry cook em - maybe with a lil olive oil for a few mins before puttin sauce on 'em

am gonna look for a biscuit recipe using almond flour so i can make the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits - or something similar - if i can't find a usable recipe then i'll just make them gluten free for the fam - i won't be able to eat them, but hopefully they will enjoy (and without the nasty wheat)

ANDDDDD, i wanna make a chocolate cheesecake - i'm assuming i can use the recipe i used last time and just add, what, a 1/3 cup cocoa? gotta check on that - thought that would be a nice lil change - will also put cocoa into the crust

mmmmmm

Java

OMG!! so i kinda sorta followed a recipe but kinda also did my own thang - made the crust using almond flour, chopped pecans, splenda/stevia in equal amounts, unsweetened cocoa pwder and paula dean's favorite ingredient.....BUTTA!! cooked it for 5 mins at 350 - oh yeah, it smelled goooood

for the cheesecake, i used a hershey's recipe on an old card i found in my cookbook - but also then added a lil heavy whipping cream to it and a lil bit extra cocoa - OHHH EMMM GEEEE was it hella good!!

nom nom nom:

and here's a new pic of our lil stinky - wearin a pair of my boots and swimming goggles

Hooterville

Hahaha, the kid is cute, no doubt, but that spoon batter licking pic is great! In fact, it is me the other day with lemon semifreddo! I just don't have the b@lls to post a pic of me doing it lol.

mzteacher

Oh goodness you are really on a domestic goddess roll!! Is that cute little guy wearing googles so he can dig into the deserts with abandon??? Boots and googles!! So prepared for a real cheesecake and ice cream frenzy!! lol I have never thought of protective gear before desert! Smart guy!!

Susan

moneymeister

Angie! I wanna be you. Loving that kitchen (omgomgomg) girly! What a darling son. How did the cheesecake turn out? if it was good, can you piece together the recipe?

Java

lol - awww - thanks hun!

cheesecake for brekkie today with my coffee:

anticipation:

insertion:

enjoying:

LMAO!!!

hey i haven't been up long, but my mornin's going nicely

Java

here's what i did..

crust:

1 1/4 cups almond flour

3/4 cup chopped pecans

3 big TBsps of splenda/stevia blend

2 BIG TBsps of unsweetened cocoa

1 stick plus a couple TBsp more of melted butter

mix together and bake 6 mins at 350 degrees

filling:

3 - 8oz pkgs cream cheese - room temp

1 cup sour cream (could sub plain greek yogurt if you wanted) - room temp

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 tsp vanilla

3 eggs - room temp

1/2 tsp guar gum

1/4 cup heavy whipping cream - room temp

1 1/4 cups splenda/stevia

mix whip cream cheese til fluffy and add sweetener - mix well. add sour cream or yogurt and vanilla - beat in cocoa and guar gum then beat in eggs, one at a time - add whipping cream, blend - pour into crust

if cooking in toaster oven (this is what i did) no water bath is needed - if cooking in regular oven i always put a large baking dish full of hot water on rack under cheesecake - totally up to you

cook at 400 degrees for 10 mins then turn down to 200 degrees and cook for an additional 70 mins - do not open oven door and allow it to sit in turned off oven for an additional hour - let cool on counter until able to cover and put in fridge

Java

hahaahahaha!!

:P

i'm a dork but always good for a laugh, right?

and yes, the cheesecake really is good - it has a very velvety texture - kinda like a mousse actually - prob cause i added the extra cream in it i assume