Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

don't worry ~ i got this

Java

hahahaa, apollo - hope you like it!

here it is - and the black dots you see in pic isn't mold (LOL) - it's black pepper

it tasted good - the hubs loved it so yay!

Peggy_TX
hey y'all - please feel free to post stuff you make here too!!

But my food isn't quite as photogenic as yours!!!

I *have* been enjoying a "1 minute" muffin recipe lately

2 Tbsp of ground flax

2 Tbsp grated cheese

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 egg

Butter a microwaveable ramekin (or even a coffee mug)

Mix everything up in the container

Microwave for 90 seconds

Remove from container, eat

If you get the right sized ramekin, they're thick enough that you can cut them in half like a biscuit.

I've been using grated mozzerella, as it's mild and it ends up more like a whole grain/seed bread than a cheese-bread

Or you can use cheddar and add spices, and make it more of a "cheesy biscuit"

(I keep meaning to add some chia seeds -- haven't done it yet, but it seems like a natural fit)

Java

yay - kewlness!! and who cares what your pics look like - post em, durn it! LOL

i don't have a microwave - guess i could bake it in toaster oven?

Peggy_TX
i don't have a microwave

you

don't

have

a

microwave

?!?!?!?!?!?!??

that may be one of the most stunning things I've read in a loooong time

Java

ROFLMAO!!!!

nope - got rid of it YEARS ago - had read about the side effects of using it (don't remember none of it now tho) and it scared the bejeebus outta me and we tossed it - don't even miss it anymore - LOL

Java

alright i just figured up the 'stats' of the LC pancakes i've been making and glad i did as i had NO idea there were so many calories in them!!

made as per the recipe (i think it is on the bottom of page 5 of this thread) but adding 2 tsps metamucil clear and natural (inulin fiber) and about .75% of 1 TBsp ground flax and using 1/4 cup maple grove farms sf syrup is approx.....

380 calories

1.5 NET carbs - meaning not counting the sugar alcohols or fiber (if counting ALL carbs there are 29)

29 grams protein

about 13 - 15 grams fiber

i cook mine in a lil bit of louann's coconut oil - this does NOT take into account the calories from the oil - so yeah, high brekkie!!

BUT this keeps me for a few hours

and i'm NOT using butter cause the calories are already high enough as is

Java

tonight = bacon wrapped chicken thigh strips - i seasoned them with cavender's and garlic powder, rolled em up in bacon then sprinkled them with splenda - put them on top shelf in oven and broiled on high - flip then sprinkle with more splenda and broil

made white queso to (heavy whipping cream, 1 pound land o lakes white american cheese & one small can of jalepenos - undrained) drizzle over them and reheated corn pasta for the fam :

Java

i finally tested my BG before and after the pancakes today - before i ate them i was 116 then an hour later i was 106

for tonight, i'm thawing out whiting fillets and gonna fry those up and use this recipe to make hushpuppies but instead of using soy flour i'm gonna use almond flour:

Homestyle Low Carb Hush Puppies - LowCarbFriends Recipes

apollo322
fish was fine - hubs liked it - the 'hushpuppies' didn't work - they just tasted like fried almond flour - bleh!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6696[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6697[/ATTACH]

Looks really good and healthy, nice job)

Java

thx!

right now i'm gettin started on this recipe, just omitting the wild rice and adding some finely chopped mushrooms in its place - this stuff is soooo goooo! also, i don't like the wine in it so i just use more broth in its place - AAAND, i'm takin a shortcut and bought already roasted chicken from the deli - i just need to shred it up

RecipeSource: Cream Of Chicken Soup With Wild Rice

Java

all done and in the crock pot to keep warm til the hubs gets home

i used heavy whipping cream instead of regular milk and i used guar gum as a thickener

it's super thick, like a chowder - yeah, i know it's not pretty to look at but it tastes yummy

:)

Java

snacking on thin smoked deli ham, one string cheese and baby carrots dipped in roasted red pepper hummus

gonna make some ranch dip later using plain greek yogurt and some seasonings - saw a recipe somewhere for what seasonings to use instead of buying the packets from the store

that will taste better on my carrots than this hummus i'm sure - i bet pork rinds would taste good dipped in either

*dives into pantry for pork rinds to try*

:D

Hooterville

I was having a big green onion dip Jones at Super Bowl time. I decided I was going to make chips out of Brussels sprouts leaves and buy that powdered green onion dip mix. Must be low carb, right? I was reading the ingredients. I've no clue of the powdery packet was carby or not because I couldn't get past the list of unpronounceable ingredients. I looked at it and said to self, holy cr@p! I can't eat that! So I got the sour cream, some green onions and went home and with that and a little mayo, some garlic, black pepper, bit of lemon juice and a tiny bit of stevia, I made my own green onion dip. It was freakin' delish! I'm now loving making my own dips and dressings.

Java

found my scribbled down stuff for making the ranch dressing - this equals 1 packet of store bought:

2 TBsp dried parsley

1 tsp dill

1 tsp garlic pwder

1 tsp onion pwder

1/2 tsp basil

1/2 tsp pepper

:D

last night i made our take on alice spring's chicken from outback - used boneless, skinless thighs, grilled - topped with bacon & cheese and broiled til melted - sauteed baby bella mushrooms & vidalia onions as a side dish - made a dippin sauce, tweaked a smidge from original recipe - it was a big hit

sauce:

1 cup mayo

4 TBsp dijon mustard

1 tsp garlic pwder

1 TBsp vinegar

4 packets of splenda

salt & pepper to taste

Peggy_TX

Bummer.... SO and I had decided that if we won last night's lottery, I could move your family here and hire you as my full time chef.

We didn't win, so no treats for me!!!!! :T

Java

well, i made the ranch dip using a mix of the plain yogurt and sour cream - did NOT like it - will look for other recipes for the seasoning portion of it - yuck! too much dill & garlic and lacking in salt and i don't know what else

then i made ketchup so i could make cocktail sauce so i could make shrimp dip - LOL - that was a hit - we used pork rinds to dip into it

:)

ketchup - omitted the apple juice concentrate and used splenda instead:

Quick and Easy Ketchup Recipe - Allrecipes.com

cocktail sauce:

Craig's Cocktail Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

can't find which recipe i copied down from, but here's what's scribbled in my book for the shrimp dip:

cooked shrimp, chopped

8 oz softened cream cheese

8 oz sour cream

1/2 cup celery

1/2 cup onion

1/2 cup bell pepper

chile sauce or cocktail sauce - just add a little at a time til it is how you like it

the veggies in it were not in original recipe but were in the 'review' section as to what ppl added and said was good