Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lockpicker12

Cinnamon tablets

lockpicker12

Good day to all,

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Cinnamon tablets that you see for sale at your local supermarkets, in the diabetic sections? Are they helpful or harmful? I trying all that i can to help myself keep my bg's stable throughout the day and would be grateful for any and all suggestions. Thanks to all who reply....

Harold

All of the studies I read have said they had seen some of the study group have a reduction in blood glucose, however the affect was only temporary. We have had members say it did nothing for them, and others say they saw a reduction at first. I do not remember anyone saying it helped over the long run. Could cinnamon help if you find you have been running high for a couple of days, probably depending on why your running high. Will taking it every day over weeks to a year I suspect not worth the cost. Oh the first study I remember was not taking tablets or pills, it was putting the cinnamon in warm tea that they seen results with. On a side note not all of the oral medications work for everyone. We have to try them to find out what works.

princesslinda

I tried the cinnamon tablets for a short while, stopped them as they caused me a good deal of heartburn and no apparent results blood sugar wise. One thing I do to help with blood sugars is to start a meal with a salad and oil and vinegar dressing. The vinegar in the dressing does seem to give me better readings than if I have the same meal w/o the salad and dressing.

jwags

I think most of us have tried them and not seen any significant reduction. Maybe if you are a very early pre diabetic you might see some effect. But if you already have pancreatic damage it will not undo it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.