Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy713

5 weeks pregnant with random spike to 300, and some spotting

missy713

Hello, I've never posted on one of these before, so here it goes:

I am type 1 diabetic, and found out I was pregnant 1 week ago ( I am guessing I am ~5weeks). My blood sugars weren't perfect before I got pregnant, and I've been on the pump for about 1.5 month. Since I found out I was pregnant, Ihave been working really hard to get my BG's better and its been getting better, slowly. I dont have an appt with my Endo or an OB for another week. This morning I woke up to a BG of 300 for no apparent reason, and I am also having some spotting. I am not sure if this means I am having a miscarriage or what, or if I should try to get in to see a Dr. Its saturday am, so I would have to go to urgent care. I am not sure what they would even do or if its worth it, or if I should just make sure my BG is coming down and wait for my appt next week. I'm kind of freaking out and not sure what to do at this point. Any advise would be great!!

-Missy

Kathryn10

Hi Missy,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I've read that spotting in early pregnancy can be perfectly normal. I personally would go to the dr. or urgent care only if I had cramping or other symptoms as well, though. I highly doubt that one random bg of 300 would cause a miscarriage, but if it makes you feel better then by all means go in to get checked out or see if you can speak to an on-call doc at your endo's/OB's office.

rubidoux

I agree with Kathryn. I don't think the 300 in itself will cause you a problem and I don't think it's a symptom of miscarriage. I have also heard of people bleeding in early pregnancy and then going on to have a heathy pg. I hope you get through this bump and all goes well!

kiranchandra
I agree with Kathryn. I don't think the 300 in itself will cause you a problem and I don't think it's a symptom of miscarriage. I have also heard of people bleeding in early pregnancy and then going on to have a heathy pg. I hope you get through this bump and all goes well!

But i do think its a symptom of miscarriage as i have same problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.