Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladybug21701

Period late after upping Metformin dose

ladybug21701

I have always been very regular - every 28 days, except for once about 6 months ago, when it was 35 days. I started Metformin about 1.5 years ago for pre-diabetes/fatty liver. First, only 500 mg a day, then 750mg a day and last month up to 1500 per day. I am taking the Metformin ER. Last month, I went 38 days and this month, I am going on 45 days. I also just turned 50. I realize I could be starting the change, but I was a late starter and figured I had another 8-10 years. Could the increase in Metformin have cause me to be this late?

Maggiegong

I don't know about the impact of Met as i wasn't on it until this year but the first I knew I was perimenopausal was after a routine blood test. The doc said your hormone levels have dropped significantly. I was truly shocked and said "really I haven't even read the brochure on menopause yet" I was 50 at the time and completely "through" within a year. No dramas.

Maggie.

patricia52

Well I was a late starter and completely through the change when I was 44. No dramas for me either. I would definitely say it sounds like the change.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.