Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sglamay

Type 1.5 - What to write on forms etc.

sglamay

So I have a stupid question... when you're type 1.5 what are you supposed to write on forms and stuff: type 1 pr type 2? There's never a choice for 1.5 so what should I write!!

control

From my understanding, type 1.5 is not an officially recognized type. I'm sure someone will jump in, if that's not correct. Depending on what you're filling it out for, I presume you would be able to justify either choice without resorting to falsehood on the form (especially for government or insurance forms where falsification of information is bad).

NoraWI

T1.5 is an adult slow onset T1. It is autoimmune like T1. It just takes longer to destroy the beta cells, which, to me at least, means your body waged quite a long battle before succumbing.

TommyC1

I try not to fill out such forms. Better to ask what the question really is.

But if I must, I put in Type 1 since I am insulin dependent and not so much insulin resistant.

art

What is the form for?

That would dictate how I would answer.

One constant is "insulin dependent"

Art

jwags

Since it is a version of type 1, that is what you write down. I hate forms thst require you to write so ething without an explantion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.