Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaudzie

Losing weight????

Shaudzie

I'm at week 26 and for some reason I keep losing weight. I have lost 16 pounds so far and the Dr. is starting to worry. My last a1c was 6.8 (down from 10 yikes!) I did start out a bit overweight.

I have changed my diet drastically to a much lower carb diet but I thought bringing my a1c down would cause me to gain.

I do have quite a belly poking out and I feel her move every day wich is AWESOME!

Anyone else have trouble gaining weight?

(never thought I would have THIS problem lol)

Hooterville

I'm T2, not T1. When I was pregnant with my twins I started out very heavy. I had gestational D controlled with diet. I had severe morning sickness all day for 8 months. I think month seven wasn't so pukey but delivered at 35 weeks. I lost weight. The day after delivery I weighed 40 pounds less than the day I got pregnant.

Ever since that experience, I've always thought that if I could only simulate pregnancy in my body without actually being pregnant, then I wouldn't have a weight problem. It was the only time in my life that I haven't had an appetite.

I don't think weight loss took a toll on my babies but it may have taken a toll on my body.

kmcd23

I lost consistently through the end of 2nd tri. I ended up gaining it all back, plus 22 lbs, starting at the end of 2nd tri, and really picking up at the end of 3rd tri. My docs were never worried because his growth scans were always good. I lost 11.5 lbs, before I started to gain it back, and I didn't start out overweight. I also dropped my A1C from 6 to 4.9.

In the end, baby was perfectly healthy, and still relatively big, though not big by diabetic standards I guess.

Good luck to you!

jwags

My DIL is also pregnant, about 29 weeks. She initially gained weight but had lost 5 pounds st her last appt. But her baby measures fine, actuall in the 97% percentile. So that is the important measurement. She is not diabetic but she is hypothyroid which plays around with her weight.

Shaudzie

Update***

I have gained plenty of weight now lol. I'm now 34 weeks along so I'm getting so close!

the Dr. did an ultrsound because they thought my baby was getting too big but she is right on target. 5 lbs 3 ounces 38 percentile (whatever that means)

ramon
Update***

I have gained plenty of weight now lol. I'm now 34 weeks along so I'm getting so close!

the Dr. did an ultrsound because they thought my baby was getting too big but she is right on target. 5 lbs 3 ounces 38 percentile (whatever that means)

Wonderful news really. Any names picked out yet? If you need to gain more weight afterwards you can still do low carb but increase on the calories. So glad for you from all of us. :congrats:

Shaudzie

Haven't decided on a name yet. We have a few in mind but nothing is sticking out as perfect yet. We may have to wait until she is here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.