Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChelseaM

Levels and eating!

ChelseaM

Hey !

So every time I eat something I start to feel really sick and can't continue to eat. This is really damgerous as you would all know I need to eat certain amounts at certain times. I haven't had morning sickness yet, I'm 8 weeks today... When can you get morning sickness ? Not that everyone gets it. Could this eating problem be assosiated with morning sickness ?

Also is it normal to get headaches all the time? Is there anything safe to take or should I ask my doctor ?

Does anyone find they're levels out of control even tho they adjust there dose and eat right ? I had mine perfect for a while now it's going ham at me for no reason !!

Thanks Chelsea.

patricia52

You can get morning sickness at any time but it usually happens in the first trimester. I had my morning sickness in the evening when I smelled certain meats cooking. Headaches are probably hormonal. Congrats on the lil baby.

ramon

God bless you miss C, do you get any weird cravings yet? Your body is going through drastic changes so 1 day at a time. I promise you that the reward will be so worth while.:star:

rubidoux

Why do you need to eat certain amounts at certain times? Can you bolus after meals according to what you actually ate?

ChelseaM

I've found that if I don't eat around the same time everyday my levels are out of whack for a day or so. And certain foods make my levels spike up when they never used to.

I haven't had many cravings but when I see something I haven't had in a while Ill eat it as much as I am allowed to, it's like I fixate on certain foods haha :)

And thank you for your help. I haven't seen my doctor yet and this is my first so I know nothing! Thanks for helping me out with stupid questions

Chelsea.

rubidoux

I would say that, especially during my first pg, during the first trimester I didn't want to eat a whole lot. And I do think what I had and what you're talking about is a mild form of MS. I was generally just not into food, like I'd go to the grocery store and not be able to buy anything bc it wasn't appealing. During my second pregnancy I had real morning sickness and, oddly, eating helped and I was always wanting to eat bc it was the only thing that made me feel better.

Anyway, I'm sure this will pass soon.

Congratulations on your first little one! So exciting!

ChelseaM

Sorry if this sounds stupid ! But what is PG ? I have no idea what half the shortened word you all use are ! I'm so new to this ?

rubidoux

lol I'm sorry. I don't think pg is a common abbreviation, but figured it would make sense in context and I'm to lazy to repeatedly type out the word pregnancy.

mom24grlz

i was plagued with headaches during my pregnancies. Like Patricia said it may be hormonal, but let your caregiver know about them. That way they can make sure it's not due to something else like high blood pressure.

Kathryn10

Hopefully you will see some relief once you enter the second trimester. I had food aversions during the first trimester too and it was really difficult to eat certain things. I've heard other type 1s saying that foods affected their blood sugars differently too. I had really bad headaches during my first pregnancy in the first trimester. You can take tylenol.

Lizzie G

not really sure why you have to eat certain foods at certain times and are only 'allowed' certain things - are you on an old fashioned insulin regimen - a mix or something? i understand these can be quite restrictive.

if not i would suggest you eat what you want, when you want, and adjust your insulin accordingly. this will involve a lot of testing and to be safe you should always carry sensible hypo treatments, but your eating habits really don't need to be a slave to diabetes in pregnancy or not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.