Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChelseaM

Unsure about prenatal appointment !?

ChelseaM

Hey!

So being 8 weeks yesterday I got in touch with the prenatal people and made an appointment. I have no other appointments until I see them. When I see them I will be 15 weeks !

My doctor had said they usually get you in around 12 weeks or so because of diabetes and all that.

Is this normal ? Should I go speak to my GP ? I'm worried enough about my levels and being that far along and not seeing anyone yet scares me.

Is it bad to leave it that late or will I be fine ?

Chelsea

Kathryn10

Wait, which doctor told you that they'd normally get you in at 12 weeks? When I found out I was pregnant I went in at 7 weeks for an ultrasound, then went in to the MFM clinic at 8 weeks, then 12 weeks, etc. etc. Now I am 31 weeks and go every single week. You need to get in sooner. Do you have a MFM clinic near you? It's a high risk clinic that specializes in treating women with certain preexisting conditions and other things that can make pregnancies, well, complicated. They pay a lot more attention to you than your regular OB will and they have experience working with diabetics.

Where do you live? 12 weeks is when most regular women go in, because that's when they do the whole genetic screening thing ... so it doesn't make sense to me that the first time they'd want to see you as a type 1 diabetic is at 12 weeks.

ChelseaM

Wow ! So none of it made sense for me either. The woman at the women's clinic at the hospital called me back am hour later and re organised everything! I think she wasn't listening when I'd said I had diabetes ! Or it didn't click in her head ! She also said there were no appointments till August ! Lies ! I'm now booked in for week 10 almost 11 and that's starting all prenatal stuff and another scan plus bloods, and they're linking me in after that to someone who deals with diabetes and pregnancy ! Thank god!!

Does this sound a little better ?

Thanks heaps ! Haha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.