Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allee

All these meds are scaring me!

Allee

Just looking for support as I have never dealt with diabetes personally or in my family history. I am 3 months pregnant and was diagnosed with GD two days after my doctor confirmed my pregnancy. She started me out on Glyburide, which caused my BSL to plummet and made me irritable, depressed, and emotionally-intolerant (to say the least). I nearly quit my job twice on that medicine and was very close to telling my boss exactly what I thought of him (not a good idea). I continued to have these symptoms even on lower doses of Glyburide. Therefore, my doctor is starting me on Metformin today. I have read all the disclaimers that common symptoms include diarrhea, stomach pain, flatulence - perhaps vomiting and nausea as well. Really? I just want to be healthy and emotionally stable. I'll do what it takes to keep my baby healthy, of course, but this is so frustrating in the meantime. Feedback welcome here. This is new and overwhelming to me.

GrammaBear

I was not diabetic when I was pregnant, but I can give you a 'tip' about Metformin than my doctor gave to me when I started my diabetic life. Try taking Metformin with a meal or a light snack, for me it helped relieve the nausea that came when I first started Metformin.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Hope things will settle down and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.