Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ramon

16 yr old finds 3 cent test for pancreatic cancer

Chelle D
Yeah it will likely be out in Europe in 7 yrs and 18yrs over here.

Yup, 18+years. THey have to come up with a way to make it a $100 test, instead of 3 cents. Since it's not a daily test... most likely the cheapness of it would add it to a normal yearly check up regiment. So they have to make it cost at least $100 so they can get profit if it is going to be tested on a patient probably only once.

Edit- plus, this probably means they can make a test strip to check blood sugar for only 3 cents too..... Imagine that, to mass produce something that would save so much cost to the end user. (Oh, I'm rolling on the floor.)

GrammaBear

Hmmm, wonder what the major manufacturers of test strips would say if somebody up and invented a cheap way to make them. They wouldn't likely be happy especially since the invention would cut deeply into their profit margin??

ramon
Hmmm, wonder what the major manufacturers of test strips would say if somebody up and invented a cheap way to make them. They wouldn't likely be happy especially since the invention would cut deeply into their profit margin??

Hmm I wonder how much test strips cost overseas?

raffi

You don't have to give up your cynicism to believe that the test might stay cheap and in regular use. I believe it costs a lot more to treat the cancers it detects than to bury the people who got them.

Here's to early detection and better prognosis for many more people.

Chelle D
Here's to early detection and better prognosis for many more people.

Amen! From your fingers to God's ears.

Let's hope it DOES stay cost efficient, AND passes stringent research to be over in the states & the rest of the world much sooner than 10 yrs.

ramon
That is interesting and hard to believe.

BBC news is one of the more reputable papers out there and usually investigate before reporting. Dogs are also trained for picking up cancer in urine.

This makes me happy cause there's a possibility my grandchildren will have a healthier life then me. Seems like we conquer one disease then another pops up.

Latest disease around this house is X-BOXitis and KINDLEisis. Causes our kids not to exercise.

Caravaggio
Hmm I wonder how much test strips cost overseas?

Just came from the US. I couldn't believe that Lifescan test strips cost more in the US (I checked RiteAid, Walgreen and Walmart) than here in Tokyo, or Bangkok.

That said, I noticed that the prices of the strips sold under a drugstore's name are cheaper.

GAgirl

He's amazing!!! Did you all notice in the video he has a half-blue half brown iris in his left eye? (right- on our monitors). I wonder if this is a sign of genius?Just found that interesting as well...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.