Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

Concerns about possibly being pregnant

GrnEyes84

So there is a possibility that I might be pregnant right now. I am not sure as of right now if I am or not though. My first concern is that my A1C isn't low enough yet, it is at 8.4% right now which is better than it has been in the past. The second thing I am a little concerned about is the fact that I am on lisinopril and pravastatin right now and I know you're not supposed to be on those when you're pregnant cause there can be issues with the baby if you are taking these. Should I stop taking those medications until I know for sure or should I just continue to take them and pray that I am not causing any complications to the baby? Just some questions and concerns I had. Any ideas or info would be appreciated!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

rubidoux

Is it too early to test? How likely is it that you're pg? If there is a real possibility, I think I would try to figure this out right away. I know that my doc really wanted to put me on a statin years ago but wanted to wait until I was fixed. That makes me think you should act fast. OTOH, if you're of child-bearing age and the prescribing doc wasn't concerned, I doubt it could be dangerous. I'd say call your doc, though. You don't want to have to be wondering about this later if it turns out you are.

Lizzie G

go to see your doctor straight away. the most critical time in development of a baby's organs can be before you even know you are pregnant and you will be advised to come off the drugs in a controlled way. if theres a possibility you are pregnant, and/or you are actively trying, you should come off the medications in a controlled way as recommended by your doctor (please dont just stop taking them all at once, as this can involve unpleasant side effects for you). at the same time keep your control as tight as possible, if you ARE pregnant you will probably find you are having some unusual spikes in blood sugar, dont be afraid to take extra insulin, carry a decent supply of fast acting glucose in case you over-correct, and if your BG spikes try and do a brisk walk for 10 minutes, it really helps to bring it down out of that danger area.

most importantly try not to panic, you are in the situation you are in now, and you can only do your best. theres no point worrying that you should have come off the meds and got your BG under better control sooner (however, if you find you aren't pregnant, it might be an idea to do these things before you start trying to make it easier on yourself when it does happen!). just do your best, keep calm, and take care of yourself.

GrnEyes84

So I am going to go and get a test from the store tomorrow and gonna see what that says and then I will go from there and talk to my doctor and everything after I find out if I am or not!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.