Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Samfrq

Hba1c 8.3.....

Samfrq

Hello to all...hoping all of u doing well..

I have done my hba1c yesterday and it was 8.3..now i am 8 week pregnant..my previous hba1c was 6.5...i have done ultrasound yesterday and thank God it is reassuring..normal position normal lenght and normal growth..i have very tight glycemic control since 1 month..whenever i checkhed it alwayz with good range or slightly below range..i wanted to know what are the chances of having normal baby according to experience of u people...

Second thing i want to know that now adays sometime my appetite is not so good because of nausea etc.. Can i change dose of my short acting apidra insulin according to my food intake???if i want to eat more i inject more and if i eat less i inject less dose???can i change insulin dose on daily bases??is it safe to do so??

Thankx..waiting for ur reply....

Samfrq

I just wana heard some encouging comments from experiened diabetic moms..specifically who dont have good control in start but ended up with normal heathy baby..

Calgal98

Congrats on the baby. I can't offer any insight, but suggest you talk to the doc for any med changes? I've read that pregnancy is challenging for the mother and glucose numbers can vary quite drastically. Again, would talk to my pregnancy doc if it were me.

Tanikit

Hi, I started both my pregnancies on less than ideal hba1cs (higher than you mentioned) but put a lot of work in in the first trimester and had them down to acceptable levels for the rest of the pregnancy both times. Both my children are perfectly normal and healthy. You will have to change the dose of basal and short acting multiple times during your pregnancy - basically you do whatever works to get your sugars right while pregnant. I see you are 8 weeks pregnant - are you on MDIs? You will have to keep a tight watch during the next few weeks as from weeks 10-14 insulin sensitivity peaks and hypos become very common then - you may need to lower your basals and your short acting, but don't let your sugars go high doing this either.

Samfrq

Thankx alot..

Ur reply is really very very helpful and really boost up my energy level..yes i am using MDIS..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.