Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltlt2009

Post Prandial Numbers Increasing between 1 and 2 hours

ltlt2009

Hello Everyone,

First off, this forum has been such a help since I've been diagnosed with Type 2 a year ago! I just wanted to say thank you for all the information I've gathered from here. :)

I'm currently in my second trimester, and have been testing like crazy.

I have been measuring all of my carbs and have even calculated my carb:insulin ratios.

I currently take Humulin NPH for my basal injections and Humulog for my bolus injections.

My question: I test my post prandial numbers 1 hour after I've injected and I'm within range (less than 7.8 mmol / L). However, just for kicks lately, I've been testing my 2 hour post prandial numbers as well (normally I just do one or the other) and have been noticing an INCREASE when I should expect a DECREASE in my sugars! So by 2 hours, I should expect my sugars to be less than 6.6 mmol / L - they are often in the 8's or 9's!!! Being pregnant, this is definitely a concern.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Should I try injecting my bolus later? Earlier? I gave my health team a call but no one has gotten back to me yet, so I figured I'd see if anyone has had any experience on here.

Thanks again for reading this!

- L

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.