Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

Diabets Living Mag...WTF???

GAgirl

Oh Geeze...I as a newbie, trying to post in the right spot for the right following have stirred it up by accident here....:(

I was trying to have a discussion with the Low-carb dieters here who feel the same way I do since I learned it from them, and I agree with it totally!

I was not trying to insult or convert anyone to this , just trying to tell the group I fall into about what I learned as a newbie after one magazine purchase.

If you want to eat what you want and just take more meds than by all means do it, but why come to a low-carb sub-forum and put LCD down? I didn't go to the regular forum and try to convert or put them down, I was appealing to the group that supports LCHF diet. I am sorry for starting this thread. Nest timeI want to talk LCD I guess I will have to send out a Mass PM to those I have learned from here. :confused:

Kenton

GAgirl I do not have a thing against Low Carbers.

I can't do it due to another metabolic problem.

I go low carb even taking Carnitine and I run into problems.

But what's in that magazine is not good for me either.

I do not eat that many fast carbs and a lot of their recipes are full of them.

Low carb does work for many.

Who you should feel sorry for is those who think they can solve the problem with the Dr.s magic pills and can eat drink and be merry.

jenb

GA Girl - keep posting wherever you think is appropriate.

If you look around old posts here, you'll see that this is a perennial argument and has gotten many noses out of joint over the years. It's caused major flame wars and minor spats; people have (sadly) left, people have been kicked out....but it's STILL a valuable discussion and you should feel free to voice your opinion. Don't give up - your curiosity and opinion are valued.

Jen

Hooterville

You posted it in the correct area of the forum and it's a valid discussion to have. Whenever I see "Diabetic" cookbooks, magazines, leaflets, et al, I steer clear. Instead I look at Paleo and low carb recipes. Mostly I make my own stuff up. It's baking where I need the guidance of a recipe though I usually fiddle with them as well.

JCinVA

The magazine cover that launched a thousand posts! Jeebus ladies and gents, c'mon you know a scam when you see one! I mean this country that we live in is filled with hucksters, scammers, black hats, and a sucker is born every minute, so I heard. Think for yourself.

"Arrow of Time?" I read the the article, was all greek to me, I mean literally I could not wrap a single string of understanding around it. However, I am very right brain in my thinking. But thanks for posting it! I tried but it reminded me of a college roommate who was a physics major.

Uff Da
Oh Geeze...I as a newbie, trying to post in the right spot for the right following have stirred it up by accident here....:(

I was trying to have a discussion with the Low-carb dieters here who feel the same way I do since I learned it from them, and I agree with it totally!

I was not trying to insult or convert anyone to this , just trying to tell the group I fall into about what I learned as a newbie after one magazine purchase.

If you want to eat what you want and just take more meds than by all means do it, but why come to a low-carb sub-forum and put LCD down? I didn't go to the regular forum and try to convert or put them down, I was appealing to the group that supports LCHF diet. I am sorry for starting this thread. Nest timeI want to talk LCD I guess I will have to send out a Mass PM to those I have learned from here. :confused:

I don't think you should feel sorry for starting the thread. And maybe I missed something, but I don't see where anyone came to the low-carb sub-forum and put LCD down. In your first couple of posts within this thread you asked a couple of questions:

How can anyone with Diabetes possible not do low carb diet and still maintain good sugar levels?

I guess after knowing what I now know I cannot understand how anyone eating like his can keep BG in control...how can they NOT recommend a LCD to all DM's??

So some of us who have a different method of managing our diabetes attempted to answer those questions. How is that putting LCD down? In reading over the replies, I don't see where it sounds like anybody got their nose out of joint over it but just expressed their opinions. So people disagree about things. That's life.

Also, you might want to be aware that people search the forums in different ways. For example, I click on "Today's Posts" and choose what to read from whatever titles sound interesting, regardless of what specific sub-forum they are in. It's not that I specifically go looking for the low-carb forum or any other forum. I'll bet a lot of people do that. So it might be a good idea to expect a wider readership than those who usually post in any given forum.

So keep on posting. I'm glad you found this website and that it has been helping you to manage your diabetes.

Caravaggio

GAGirl,

You posted in the right forum. But no one is putting LC down. To be clear, I am not putting LC down.

It was my mistake for assuming that you were interested in an answer to your question in your original post about non-low carbing diabetic. Silly of me not to have spotted it as a question you did not want any answers to.

As for my response to Peggy, I just wanted to clarify the inaccuracy in my own response that gave rise to Peggy's post. I'm sorry that it was far longer than necessary. I had no intention of turning this into a fight against low carbers.

Caravaggio

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.