Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tattoogirl

Janovia

tattoogirl

I have been on Janovia for 5 days and I am asking anyone for more info on this drug. I take 100 mg every morning. I am newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes.

Chelle D

my husband was on Januvia for a short period of time.

It did help with some weight loss... Didn't really do very much for his blood sugar numbers. But with the cost of it being so high, and the fact that it didn't change much on overall b.s. control.... then I started reading on line about "HOW" it works... and the way that it stops your natural DPP4 secretions (which are the natural cancer fighting enzymes/molecules)... I really didn't like the increased risk of cancers for hubby... Plus one of the side effects is potential kidney damage/kidney problems... Hubby has already shown bad kidney side effects from trying Lisinopril. Had to stop that one in 3 days.. the kidney pain was so bad. So, if a drug hasd "Possible kidney problems"... I try to steer my husband clear of it.

So I asked doc to take him back off of it. Just not worth the cost plus cancer risk. But that is just my humble opinion.

I encourage you to read up on exactly HOW the medicine works in your body. And to look up the other side effects of blocking DPP4 in your body.

Just don't know what hubby would do if I weren't here to read up on all the stuff doc wanted to shove down his throat. He'll probably be joining me 6 foot under soon after I go there.

FunDad62

I've been taking Januvia 100 mg for a long time (many years) and have had no side affects. I had a complete workup this past spring with a nephrologist to check up on my kidneys and he said everything was fine.

sweetstar

I took Januvia for several years. After really taking control of my diabetes, I was able to come off of it this past spring.

I had no side effects but I came to the conclusion that it wasn't doing as much for my BG as the LC/HF diet. My doctor

was skeptical, but allowed me to ween off of the drug. My numbers are better than ever and she says my kidney function

is that of a 35 year old. I am almost twice that age.

I would read up on the drug and see if it is right for you. Are you taking anything else? After you arm yourself with information

ask your doctor why he/she prescribed this drug for you. We are all different and need a different regimin to control our diabetes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.