Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

...talkin' 'bout kale chips...

GAgirl

on another thread we were talking briefly about making our own kale chips and how they were just so salty...:eek:

I made them again tonight:

bag of pre-washed kale in small cuts

drizzle of olive oil all over and sea slat then tossed with my hands so all is covered in oil and put on a baking sheet for 350 for 15 minutes...perfect, not really

I used a lot less sea salt this time (used Kosher last time) but it was still too salty...

I think I see the problem being that the kale is soaking up the salt so much that a real little bit goes a long way...I mean it's not just on the kale, it's soaking into the kale, too, so make it, love it, and be sparing with the salt.

enjoy! what a great snack when you need to crunch!!!

GAgirl
When I make Kale chips I use spices like Chipolte and Smoked Paprika. I rarely use salt.

I am not a chipotle fan, personally, but smoked paprika is sounding mighty fine...great idea!

GAgirl

Doggies Love kale chips!

I dropped some on the floor and they went bonkers! actually barked in my face for more! Better than eating their own sh*t, right? (which one does all the time)LOL:eek:

They also help with LCHF diet constipation and sorry for the TMI, but that also helped me get rid of 2 lbs. since last nioht in my colon. TMI??? Too bad, it's for your good health!post-55074-139628785076_thumb.gif

post-55074-139628785076_thumb.gif

Seagal

Sirracha is a hot sauce (liquid in a bottle). I'm wondering how that works to make kale crispy. Janet, can you tell us how your niece does it? I love sirracha!

GAgirl
Hmmm..what about sprinkling them with Old Bay?

speaking of Old Bay seasoning...I made the Key West Crab Cakes from George Stella's book Livin' Low carb N Lovin' it and they were 1 carb a piece...makes 18 poker chip sized ones and I had 5!!! HAs a recipe for the sauce for it, too...Dijon and mayo and lemons...OMG, was really tasty and it had blue crab, Old Bay, mayo,green and red peppers and I cannot tell you how great my BG #'s were! Great!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.