Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kathryn10

My Baby is Here!

Kathryn10

Hi everyone,

I had my baby girl last week. I was induced at 38 weeks 2 days because the doctors noticed some decelerations in her heart rate on the non-stress tests and they thought the cord was clamping down on her somewhere. I'm glad I was induced because she ended up being 9lbs. 8oz.! Despite my a1c being 5.0 for the majority of the pregnancy and my blood sugars running on the lower side for most of labor/delivery, the baby's blood sugar was low when she was born so she was given a bit of formula to bring it up. After that, her blood sugars were perfect for the remainder of our hospital stay. It's crazy how you forget about all of those sleepless nights with the first baby when you decide to try for the second one ....

JanetP

Aaaaawwwwww! Congratulations! Can we all be aunties and uncles now? I'll be an auntie to both kids since I have none of my own.

And when are we going to see pictures?

Kathryn10

Thanks everyone!! I can't say for sure if her weight was due to my diabetes or not. My endo said that we couldn't have done much better blood sugar-wise so maybe she was just destined to be a monster baby? My other daughter was 8lbs. 12oz. and I had slightly worse control over my blood sugars during that pregnancy, so who knows.

GAgirl
Thanks everyone!! I can't say for sure if her weight was due to my diabetes or not. My endo said that we couldn't have done much better blood sugar-wise so maybe she was just destined to be a monster baby? My other daughter was 8lbs. 12oz. and I had slightly worse control over my blood sugars during that pregnancy, so who knows.

Well you just create big ole babies, don't you? Congrats on how great you kept your DM in check! Get some sleep, momma!

Tanikit

Awww, congrats - she is really gorgeous. And I should not be looking at pictures of babies as I am really broody. Sounds like you did really well during your pregnancy - hope you can get some sort of rest in the next few weeks (hard with two, so take it easy).

mzteacher

Congratulations Kathryn!! She looks just perfect!! Beautiful features and so much hair!!

Does she have a name yet?

Enjoy every moment!!

MsMarginalized
Lol the picture wasn't upside down when I uploaded it ...

Oh, you had me scared there (I thought your baby was upside down!)

k_dub

Kathryn!

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! She is beautiful! Love her hair!

You did an amazing job with BG control! 5.0%? I can't even imagine. At some point, I might pick your brain a little about how you did that!

My husband and I are both big/tall people. I'm 6'1''... So I'm not surprised if I have a baby similar in size.

I'm so nosy since I'm a new T1 pregnant mommy - I want to hear all of the details of her birth. If you have time (haha, I know funny, right) and want to share stuff with me, feel free to PM!

Kathryn10

Hey Kelly! I'll send you a message soon with all the details! I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.