Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

Daily Chat

uttercaro

Hi, folks! As is becoming my habit on DF, I'm jumping in late on this thread but will be jabbering away to make up for lost time.

Really looking forward to watching some football on Sunday. Go Panthers! We play the Seahawks this week, I think. I might even drink my first beer since dx. (Bought the iciest four-pack of Michelob Ultra they had in the store.)

Caro

moneymeister

Yup yup seen it twice...hang on to your seat! :)

hi

rented 'oblivion' for tonight - gonna have fajitas and 'ritas and chill later - have you seen it yet? liked/disliked it?

moneymeister

At home. Went shopping, walked the dog, ate a salad. Need to clean my room, but I imagine/hope I will find something much more fun to do!

Son is doing homework...he is a 3rd year student at JMU. Darling daughter is staying at a friend's house.

Have been hanging out with the boyfriend a lot lately. Five months in, it's becoming a habit. He is working this week so I am now back to solo putter mode. Pretty happy either way. He is a medivac helicopter pilot and flies week on/week off on 12 hour shifts.

So, I imagine I may resemble a whack-a-mole with my sudden disappearances and reemergence around here...that's why - have been busier.

Java

the hubster liked the movie - i didn't really like it - it was too slow and too long for me and i actually got bored with it (maybe it was my mood?) LOL

caro - jabber away, hun! :D

money - so glad it's going well with the BF - that's cool - his job is neat too

no idea what i'll be doing today - the hubster just took my jeep to the tire place to get the tires balanced and to get it inspected for me, then he will be busy working on our dingo (it's the machine we use for our work) - other than that, no idea what the day holds - LOL

time for COFFEE

:marchmell

MsMarginalized

The old landlord wants DH to go back & do a couple of things he nit-piked (the landlord, not DH) so we are going back to the old house one last time.

Then it's to my 2nd rumps room (home depot) I've been there so much I feel like I live there part-time!

Java

omg i understand that, diana! when we were building our house (we've been in for 5 yrs now) i was at lowes all the d@mn time - covered in paint, drywall dust, etc etc and didn't give a rat's patooty what i looked like - i literally hated lowes by the time we were done

but now i like it again

lol

patricia52

Baby watch 13-- we are still waiting. She was even discussing castor oil. Lol Birthday party for the 7 years old today at the park. I am sooooo lazy today.

Java

by the time that baby decides to be born, he'll have a full set of teeth! LOL

well i'm a cookin fool today - wearing myself out - made zucchini bread and chewy choc cookies (in oven now) ~ just took ribs out and i'll get those prepped and into the oven soon then i'll start making my bbq sauce, it has to simmer over an hour ~ at this rate after cooking and cleanin up my mess i'll be too tired to eat!

JanetP

Hey, all. Wandering in late today. Have been spendign too much time on the 'puter lately and trying to back off some. Nothing to do with you guys, I've just been letting other things go too much.

Having a birthday dinner for niece and her crew next Monday. She asked me if it would be pale, and I said mostly. She is in an organic food mode herself. I love to entertain and it will be this first big "thing"

I will have done since we moved in. Getting excited. would appreciate menu suggestions. what goes over well when you have company over?

Speaking of MOvies, has anyone See "Cloud Atlas"? I loved it.

Diana, I'n glad you finally closed. did you find your silverware yet?

Money, I used to work with a guy who was an ex helicopter pilot. He started as a medivac in Viet Nam and did other things until his hearing got so bad he couldn't pass the physical. OH the stories he could tell.

Patricia, PM me and addy and I'll knit the baby a teddy bear. do we know if it is a boy or a girl? I can make a bear in a weekend if I set my mind to it.

I'm going to go repot african violets now. MY $4 rescued orchid now has flower buds on it. Woo-hoo! I've nvever grown orchids before!

Hugs to ya'll. I hope I didn't miss anybody.

Java

hey miss janet ~ what does 'pale' mean in ref to a party? we watched 'cloud atlas' - well, hubster did and i watched some of it but was sooooooo lost and i hated it, got bored, and wandered back upstairs - lol

what color is your orchid? i've never grown african violets or orchids - i'd prob kill em - LOL

ramon

Janet please take pictures, planting was a bust for us this year. All we have are jalapeno peppers so far and some seeds from the bird food we throw out are growing, might be squash of some kind. Next year giant sunflowers along the property line for sure.

Seagal

post-28914-139628785681_thumb.jpg

This is my orchid, a friend gave it to me for a birthday about 5 years ago, I think I will re-pot it soon. I must be doing something right or it wouldn't have lasted so long:)

Janet, a knitted teddy bear in a weekend? You must be very very talented!

Google paleo menus....you will get lots of ideas. I think we eat pretty much paleo. You could check out Marks Daily Apple.

JanetP

Ooooooh! Pretty! Seagal. When it blooms, I'll take pics.

Java, I meant p.a.l.e.o., darned autocorrect! Is there a way to turn it off? I have a chicken curry recipe that I can substitute coconut cream and mushrooms for canned cream of mushroom soup. It's supposed to go over rice cooked with raisins, onions, and almonds. sister is making a spinach fruit salad. the fam is a little wary of my paleo cooking attempts and is not very into experimentation. The cake will be paleo, however. Crepes made with dark chocolate powder and coconut flour, layered with hazelnut butter and dark chocolate and flavored whipping cream. I won't use artificial sweeteners because niece is adamantly against them, will use raw honey, but I've gotta show them I eat more than nuts and leaves. I'll partake lightly or have my own "special" plate set aside.

Java

LOL at 'pale' diet - ahhhhaa, i could've figured that out if i weren't such a doofus!!

the hubster let me sleep in today (yea he's a sweetie) AND he cleaned up the majority of my kitchen mess from all the cooking i did yesterday ! he's off to church and lil man is takin a nap - i am watching the panthers and fixing to go cook some more - lol - another batch of those almond flour choc cookies and another loaf of the zucchini bread if i have enough 'chini

we'll have leftover ribs & bisque when hubster gets home - mmmmmmmm

:D

and snuggle while we watch fooooootballll

patricia52

Still no baby.

Java--I agree. He will have all his teeth.

Jmp---he is a very stubborn lil boy. I am sending you a PM with my address. That is such a sweet thing for you to do.

Birthday party for 7-year-old granddaughter was soooo much fun.

Java

mornin y'all!

how was your wkend? what'd ya do? ours was fine ~ the hubster had to take apart and service a piece of equipment so that took him all day saturday, and so i cooked all day :)

yesterday was mostly a chill day but i did cook a lil more

watched 'michael clayton' sat night as i'd never seen it and there wasn't much else on

today will be office work & exercising

MsMarginalized

The a/c unit froze up on us yesterday morning & it got ***HOT*** in here! (98 degrees!) DH went out & hosed it off and we left it turned off for an hour to defrost then turned it back on it's 'ok' (not cooling as cold as before) but the repair tech is on his way.

Java

yikes! that's miserable! hope it's an easy fix! we just had to replace something on ours earlier this year - we googled the prob, solution and purchased the part we needed and changed it out ourselves ~ thank you, google!

well yesterday i took a bath and i shave with oil............now i'm in tub to relax and read and am slippin around in here like a juicy pig!! SITL (slippin in tub laughing)

:bath:

patricia52

Diane---That is a terrible way to spend the weekend. Hope it is an easy fix.

Angie---Wish I cooked more. I use to enjoy cooking. It is not a pleasure any more since I feel like I have to cook two meals, one for me and one for the rest of my picky family.

Baby Watch 2013---Still waiting for Hunter to make his appearance. Hope he is not as stubborn after he is born.

My weekend included a birthday party for the 7-yr-old granddaughter, balancing the check book, cleaning out the fridge, and gathering and pricing items for the Hwy 46 yard sale three weeks away.

JanetP

Hey, all! Yesterday was gardening. Still got a lot to do out there. 3 hours of sweating only dropped my blood sugar by 10 points. Grrrr. PLanning a birthday dinner for the niece next Monday and trying to figure out a menu that will compromise amongst the three different diets among us. Me, no grain, no sugar. Her, organic, no artificial sweeteners. Himself, nothing he classifies as 'weird".

Java

well i've been a poo poo head emotionally today so was immobile until 2 this afternoon when i decided to make myself get up and get *something* done ~ made the bed, put away clothes & dusted bedroom then bent down to scoop up laundry from the floor and hurt my back!! grrrr! hobbled downstairs and got laundry going then slowly and carefully cleaned up kitchen & straightened living room, made hummingbird food and then went outside to kill these d@mn spiders all over the place ~ they are FREAKING ME OUT!!! i only killed the ones that are in the way and then i came inside to look up what kind they are and have a huuuuuuge case of the hibbity gibbities now!! i just KNOW one is gonna jump on me and bite me

*shudders*

and i have horrible heartburn, courtesy i think, of my spicy chai

hmph!